Sick Emperor Tetra

Snailerator

I just got 3 emperor tetras from my lfs. 2 have died and one is not eating and looks very faded. The other 2 look really good. Also, I found one of my neon tetras today without most of its body. Everything was fine before I added the Emperor Tetras.

Ammonia: .25 ppm
Nitrates:
Nitrites:
Ph: 8-8.2

Stock:
2 Apistogrammas
5 Rummy Nose Tetras
3 Otos
Now 3 Emperor Tetras
1 shark (don't rly know what kind)

Crispii

Not much of a help if you don't provide nitrite and nitrate readings.

Hmm

Crispii

Hmm said:
It isn't cycled
How do you know? Just because the OP doesn't list the nitrates and nitrites, that doesn't mean that the tank isn't cycled.

Hmm

It has ammonia in it therefor it isn't cycled or it is not correct results

Snailerator

Hmm said:
It isn't cycled
My tank is cycled. Sorry I didn't finish my readings I had to run out the door. Ill get them when I get home. The rummy nose have been in there for a month and have been fine. I believe the reason for the slightly elevated ammonia is there were 3 bodies sitting in my tank overnight while I didn't see them dead. The other 2 emporer tetras and all the other fish look great. Bright colors and very active and eating. Just that one I'm concerned about and want to try to save.

Crispii

Hmm said:
It has ammonia in it therefor it isn't cycled or it is not correct results
It's most likely coming from the tap. Depending on where you live, tap water can contain a bit of ammonia. 0.25 ppm is not that deadly.

Snailerator

Crispii said:
It's most likely coming from the tap. Depending on where you live, tap water can contain a bit of ammonia. 0.25 ppm is not that deadly.
yea I'm fine with the ammonia that's not the problem. I just had another rummy die. They looked fine at 9 when I left at 9 and now at 10:30 he was twitching on the substrate. I believe it is some sort of internal parasite. Since I don't have any general cure and it is 10 pm, I am using Radon Rid Ich Plus bc it is the only thing I have and claims to treat parasites.

Latest threads

Top Bottom