sick dwarf? 30 Gallon Tank 

bigshane

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
my dwarf flame guarumI is not looking to good the past few days. he is not eating and hiding all the time. none of the other fish are messing with him, they were swiming next to each other a lot before he went into hiding. today I'm relly conserned because he is laying on the bottom tilted over and does not want to move around at all. I used my fish tank turkey baster to squirt a little water toward him to check if he was dead a few times. he looks relly bad. Is there anything I can do to help him? ive read a few posts saying the stock is bad in a lot of areas.

forgot to give some details.
he has been in the tank for 3-4 weeks now acted normal before.
no water perameters out of wack ph 7.4 no ammonis nitrite under 20 nitrate.
I change water twice a week 5 gallons with prime. 30 gallon tank.
feed twice a day flake in morning,
bottom feeder wafers for the corys and brine shrimp or blood worms in the eve.

Good morning, I've merged your posts since they were back to back. Don't forget there is an EDIT key at the bottom of every post that you can use for corrections or additional thoughts. It helps to save a little space on the forum.
Thanks!
Ken

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello BigShane. So sorry to hear that your GouramI is ill. Please check out the links above and see if they are of any help to you. We've had a good many issues over the past year with the above mentioned virus. I'm not certain if the type of GouramI you have is affected by this disease or not.

Best wishes for your fish and full speedy recovery.

Ken

bigshane

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
ok thank you for the link I am pretty certain my dg has this wide spread diesease. my next question is what should I do now? should I get him out of the tank? I did have a 10 gallon tank that I was using as a quarenten tank but since I was done adding fish I emptyed it out threw away the filter and put it my storage.
this morning he was laying on his side and looked dead I used the baster to move him and he swam a very short distance and layed down again.
if he is done for I belive in "putting animals out of misery", is there a prefered methed?

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

bigshane

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
update. I desided to give him a chance for life. I set up the other tank and just changed 50% the water every day. he didnt last very long. I won't be buying another. I will get 2 more platys instead.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads