Sick Cory!

Lakemontfishlover

Valued Member
Messages
198
Reaction score
50
Points
73
Experience
Just started
I have a Albino Cory that has turned completely white, almost florescent. I am treating it with Artimiss, anyone know what this is that caused it to turn white or have heard of this before?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3

Lakemontfishlover

Valued Member
Messages
198
Reaction score
50
Points
73
Experience
Just started
DoubleDutch said:
I suspect a bacterial infection. Even some bronze got white having this issue.
I am afraid it is on its way out.
Thank you for your reply! This problem appears to be happening to quite a few Cory’s but no one seems to know much about it. I have been treating my whole tank with Artimess which is a natural bacterial treatment. I have another Cory in the same tank and they are mates, the other Cory is very concerned for its friend, sad but trying to be optimisticc‍♂.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #4

Lakemontfishlover

Valued Member
Messages
198
Reaction score
50
Points
73
Experience
Just started
I have also noticed the little barbs on his mouth are missing. I have him in the breeding net so he doesn’t harm himself any more then he is. I wonder if the bacterial Artimess works if the barbels around his mouth will return??
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #6

Lakemontfishlover

Valued Member
Messages
198
Reaction score
50
Points
73
Experience
Just started
DoubleDutch said:
What are you feeding those guys?
Omega one protein marine flakes and algae wafers. Forth day on Artimess Bacterial Natural meds. I put both Cory’s in breeding net when trying to get the white one to eat. He lost his feelers around his mouth so worried he can’t scavenge. He seems better/stronger so we will see. Changing water 20% every other day. Other Cory is so watchful of this little guy. Thanks for your concern.
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Messages
18,361
Reaction score
12,285
Points
798
Experience
More than 10 years
This could be the main issue.
Protein come in different kinds, so protein for marinefish could be different than Corys need. Skip the algaewafers please and swap for bloodworm / brineshrimp etc....
Lakemontfishlover said:
Omega one protein marine flakes and algae wafers. Forth day on Artimess Bacterial Natural meds. I put both Cory’s in breeding net when trying to get the white one to eat. He lost his feelers around his mouth so worried he can’t scavenge. He seems better/stronger so we will see. Changing water 20% every other day. Other Cory is so watchful of this little guy. Thanks for your concern.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #8

Lakemontfishlover

Valued Member
Messages
198
Reaction score
50
Points
73
Experience
Just started
DoubleDutch said:
This could be the main issue.
Protein come in different kinds, so protein for marinefish could be different than Corys need. Skip the algaewafers please and swap for bloodworm / brineshrimp etc....
Ok......immediately. This may sound dumb, but don’t the fish get them first?
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Messages
18,361
Reaction score
12,285
Points
798
Experience
More than 10 years
What exact do you mean ?
Lakemontfishlover said:
Ok......immediately. This may sound dumb, but don’t the fish get them first?
Get them some shrimppellets / granules etc that sink to the bottom. I use frozen foods that will sink after defrosting.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #13

Lakemontfishlover

Valued Member
Messages
198
Reaction score
50
Points
73
Experience
Just started
Sarah73 said:
I swear I said something on here!
Hi Sarah, what did you say? All help and advice is welcome here, I am learning everyday. Love my hobby and want beautiful healthy tanks and fish.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #14

Lakemontfishlover

Valued Member
Messages
198
Reaction score
50
Points
73
Experience
Just started
bgclarke said:
I do as well.

I feed them just before the tank lights go out for the night.
My panda cories love them.

My zebra danios will chase the pellets as they fall, but don't eat them.
Hello, I bought. Some Wardlys brine shrimp pellets and my fish gobble them up. I will feed after lights go out, Thanks!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #15

Lakemontfishlover

Valued Member
Messages
198
Reaction score
50
Points
73
Experience
Just started
DoubleDutch said:
What exact do you mean ?

Get them some shrimppellets / granules etc that sink to the bottom. I use frozen foods that will sink after defrosting.
Hello, I bought the pellets, my Snow White albino Cory looks so much better today. Treating 5 th day with Artimess Antibacterial. Put the little guy in the breeding net to feed and add a little salt to the net. No barbs on his mouth hope they come back, he’s not as white today has a little color yeaaa. So appreciate all the help on forum.
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Messages
18,361
Reaction score
12,285
Points
798
Experience
More than 10 years
Great news !
Lakemontfishlover said:
Hello, I bought the pellets, my Snow White albino Cory looks so much better today. Treating 5 th day with Artimess Antibacterial. Put the little guy in the breeding net to feed and add a little salt to the net. No barbs on his mouth hope they come back, he’s not as white today has a little color yeaaa. So appreciate all the help on forum.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #17

Lakemontfishlover

Valued Member
Messages
198
Reaction score
50
Points
73
Experience
Just started
DoubleDutch said:
Great news !
Double Dutch I posted a question in Beginner section regarding starting a new tank setup. I always post questions in wrong section and someone moves it, learning here as well. Could you please take a look and comment for me, appreciate your advice, Thanks!
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom