Melmoth666

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tank

What is the water volume of the tank? 56G
How long has the tank been running? 6 Months
Does it have a filter? Yes. Eheim 2215 Classic for Biological Only, Tetra EX70 for mechanical
Does it have a heater? Yes.
What is the water temperature? 79.1
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.)

1 Mystery Snail
5 Serpae Tetra
5 Black Skirt Tetra
5 Mollies
3 Java loaches
2 Honey Gourami
1 Female Dwarf Gourami
3 Siamese Algae Eaters
5 Green C. Splenden
1 Gold C. Aeneus

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? every 3-4 days
How much of the water do you change? 25 GL or about 45%
What do you use to treat your water? Seachem Prime, Tetra Stress Coat
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? 1/4 of the tank every week, but not with every water change, usually ever OTHER water change I do a quarter.

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? Yes
What do you use to test the water? API Master Kit
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: <10 PPM (just did a water change late last night
pH: 7.1

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? 3x/day
How much do you feed your fish? 2 flakes per fish in the AM,--- 2 crisps/per fish at noon (or frozen bloodworms/brine shrimp every 3 days---10 sinking shrimp pellets at night (for loaches and corys) --then 2 algae tabs per week.
What brand of food do you feed your fish? TetraMIn premium flakes + Crisps,
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? Frozen

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 5 months
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? just today
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? tail looks bitten off, half the body is white, he is eating and moving the best he can, but with his tail messed up, he can't move very well.
Have you started any treatment for the illness? no
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? no
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? not swimming as much

Explain your emergency situation in detail. (Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now)

Looked in the tank this AM and the Bronze Cory, other two died a few months ago from stress, wasn't moving much. looked in for the 12:00 feeding he was in the same place. I poked him the net and he moved a bit. I dropped a couple of pellets right next to him and he ate. Then he moved a bit more into view and as you can tell from pictures---he does not look good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Attachments

Last edited:

Melmoth666

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
That is no use. Maybe you could think about adding leaflitter / Indian Almond.
Okay, I bought some leaflitter. Going to do a massive water change tonight and add that. Are you sure Melafix won;t work?

Also dosed the tank with API E.M. Erythromycin as well. At least one of my Mollies is showing a white fin.

Last edited:

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Okay, I bought some leaflitter. Going to do a massive water change tonight and add that. Are you sure Melafix won;t work?

Also dosed the tank with API E.M. Erythromycin as well. At least one of my Mollies is showing a white fin.
Melafix has some mild antibacterial working and has some effect on the fish (slime) skin. So I think as a "prevention" against bacteria in a tank it is quite useless to me.

Leaflitter allows good bacteria to bring a more natural balance in a tank and automatically "outcompete" bad ones.

But if there appears to be quite an infection of the bad bacteria (which are always there but only take there chance in the "right" conditions) a serious med should be used to fight them back.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom