Sick celestial pearl danios?

Dobert

Hi all,

I went to the LFS yesterday and saw suspicious looking galaxy rasboras. Does anyone have a clue why are they so "hunchbacked"? It is not just one specimen, all of them look like this:

image_67141121.JPG
image_67158529.JPG
image_67159041.JPG

Are they sick or hungry or something else? Will they look more like this when they grow up?

Mod edit: image removed for copyright issues.

I have no experience with celestial pearl danios yet so before I buy them I'd like to have your advices.

DoubleDutch

They are sick. Please don't buy.
It is a shame these are up for sale.

Dobert

Thank you, that is what I thought but I got confused that all of them look like this

Coradee

Agree with DoubleDutch, they don’t look healthy at all, unfortunately there does seem to be this issue with Cpd’s & we’re seeing it more often :(

Flyfisha

I would not buy them . To my eyes they look like they had / have worms?

I have brought a bag ( edit like that ) at auction from a local breeder. I lost all but one female despite de worming a couple of times. We have so few in Australia I was glad to get one female from the different bloodline. If you have many in your town/ country don’t risk buying them.
The impression I get is this species is easy to breed but hard to raise the fry because they are tiny and need tiny live foods in the first few weeks?

Dobert

Agree with DoubleDutch, they don’t look healthy at all, unfortunately there does seem to be this issue with Cpd’s & we’re seeing it more often :(

I also had impression I saw CPDs- like that before, in a completely different store. That got me thinking maybe that's how they look like...

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
greenpepper
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
jtjgg
  • Question
Replies