Sick Bn Pleco Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Travis Bradbury, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Travis Bradbury

Travis Bradbury Valued Member Member

Today I've noticed my BN pleco had a huge belly, ive posted pictures below.

Ive had this pleco for a long time and have never noticed it until now.
    I recently had abunch of fish die due to an aggresive DG and ammonia poisoning due to a dead fish that got caught in my filter intake (DG probably killed that fish first which started it all)
    The DG is now gone.

My last feeding was yesterday, but ive NEVER seen him/her like this. I also have about 20 shrimp who clean up the bottom alot also. Usually this pleco is very active, but he/she has been just sittig on my flower pot the past few days doing nothing.

I have not tried peas yet.

The pleco also had some discolouration, I think ive seen it awhile ago, but really noticing it now.

What do you guys think? 20180415_011020.jpg 20180415_011146.jpg 20180415_011901.jpg 20180415_011650.jpg

2. OP
    OP
    Travis Bradbury

Heres 2 more pictures of the bottom... wouldnt let me post new pics when editing the original post
    20180415_014146.jpg 20180415_014201.jpg

3. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Is it fed enough fresh vegs?

4. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

I also must ask, does he have any wood?

5. OP
    OP
    Travis Bradbury

There is wood, and I feed cucumbers here and there

6. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

Could it be a pregnant female?

How long is the fish?

7. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

And what other food Travis ?

8. OP
    OP
    Travis Bradbury

The fish is about 3inches.. i do have a 2nd bn pleco in there, but its only like 1 and a half inches. Idk if they can breed when that small

I feed flakes and a algae wafer every 2 days. Typically the bn plecos couldnt touch the wafers, but now they can due to most my live barers dying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice