Sick Blood Parrot??

kdsm0527

Just noticed this this morning in my parrot fish. Looks like a fungus but not sure. Her lips are more swollen now but the white is still present. I’m concerned since I have a 125 gallon. The set up had perfect Test kit numbers a cpl weeks ago. We did 30% water change this past Sunday. Haven’t tested the water again yet. None of the other fish seem affected. Ideas???
CBFF8143-0C4F-47A8-8853-ABCB7C76108D.jpeg

Islandvic

Fishlore VIP
Does the blood Parrot ever fight with other tank mates?

Mine did so much, it's now living in a temporary stock trough pond on our back covered deck.

It could be from injuries from lip-locking with other fosh during fights.

Or it could be from an illness. Any other fish in tank that are symptomatic?

OP
kdsm0527

kdsm0527

Islandvic said:
Does the blood Parrot ever fight with other tank mates?

Mine did so much, it's now living in a temporary stock trough pond on our back covered deck.

It could be from injuries from lip-locking with other fosh during fights.

Or it could be from an illness. Any other fish in tank that are symptomatic?
First, thank you richiep for bumping my post. This parrot is new to the tank along with her sister parrot and the shark. I took them from my brother who moved to Florida. The parrots were pale white when I got them and the shark was near blind due to the left behind wife not tending to them. They stayed in our 75 for a week (until they were orange and happy and showed no signs of illness) before moving them to the 125. They’ve all been together now two weeks. I haven’t seen any fighting or lip locking however it’s entirely possible that one of the bigger parrots lip locked with her or even the Severum bumped her out of the way during feeding sessions (boy is that a tough task!).
will it heal then on it’s own if it’s lip locking? About how long Should I give before I think it’s a fungus? I’ll retest the water in the morning and totally clean the fx filter, gravel, and do another 30% water change.
the last time I saw something like this was on an orange molly I had. It’s how I got started on this foruM. I miss that one!

Islandvic

Fishlore VIP
Mine healed decently in under a month. I tried to put the Parrot back in the main tank and it started fighting again, so it went back to time out.

If it were my tank and my Parrot presented like that, i would bump up the WC's and keep a better eye on everyone's behavior.

If no fighting is indicating and the white patch gets worse, then yeah probably something medical and not trauma related.

Maybe try API Melafix + WC's ?

Is there any way you can quarantine the Parrot ?

OP
kdsm0527

kdsm0527

Islandvic said:
Mine healed decently in under a month. I tried to put the Parrot back in the main tank and it started fighting again, so it went back to time out.

If it were my tank and my Parrot presented like that, i would bump up the WC's and keep a better eye on everyone's behavior.

If no fighting is indicating and the white patch gets worse, then yeah probably something medical and not trauma related.

Maybe try API Melafix + WC's ?

Is there any way you can quarantine the Parrot ?
I’m not sure I can quarantine her. Here’s a link to video of just now occurrence (it is feeding time) -it’s the lighter parrot that has the mouth issue. The bigger darker parrots we’ve had for two years.

OP
kdsm0527

kdsm0527

It look like this is on her egg shoot too or whatever it’s called Islandvic
36E9C5A6-32A5-4C12-B824-8BAF81D00DEC.jpeg
9048BEC8-ECD3-4F81-A3BE-47A388E67C66.jpeg

Islandvic

Fishlore VIP
Not sure what that is coming out.

I'm not well versed with fish illness.

I am better at assessing humans. Ha

OP
kdsm0527

kdsm0527

Current water is: Ph 6.6, Nitrate no2 .5ppm, Nitrate no3 0, Ammonia .25 which really isn’t terrible at all but I added PH UP anyway. We will clean gravel and filtration. Headed to petsmart for filter supplies!

New Threads