Sick Black Phantom Tetras

Curious20

I have BPTs and Columbian Tetras in my 20 gallon tank. I have had them for three days and 2 BPT passed away, first swimming sideways like they had SBD They also refuse to eat. I have tried flakes, pellets, and freeze dried food, but nothing is working. The aquarium water is slightly cloudy, could that be the problem. Ammonia is at 0.25 ppm and I don't have nitrite and nitrate test kit. The pH is pretty high, s little over 7.6. My other fish are thriving, what could be the problem.
One of the tetras has a cloudy eye, now both are getting cloudy.

Chris4Jesus

Are using water conditioner? Tetra are very soft fish and can’t handle big changes in water or from tank to tank very often. If you had them 3 day they are still in panic mode it is best to get some s aquarium salt and treat them and hope for the best dont worry about feeding you will just make it worse they will be ok for a few days without food let them fast. Also keep traffic from them shut the door and keep people from walking to the tank only you.

Curious20

Thank you, one seems to have gone blind but I'll stop feeding and hope for the best.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Coradee
  • Question
  • MapleNeil
  • Tetras
Replies
Views
Fishproblem
Replies
Views