Sick betta

cpduff

Reaction score
Hi! I’m worried about my Betta, I recently moved him to a 10 gallon from a 5 gallon, as well as the corry catfish I had with him. One of them went missing and I looked for him everywhere but couldn’t find him. That was a week ago. For like 5 days, my betta has been acting very tired, not eating, and staying in hiding. He was like this like a year ago, and I got the water tested and treated it with amino killer. That did the trick last time but doesn’t seem to be working now. I can’t get the water professionally tested at the moment, but my testing strips said the water had high alkalinity, soft hardness, and a slightly higher ph, the nitrites were at 0. I don’t have a way to test ammonia at the moment. However I found the dead Corry in a really small hole of a decoration yesterday and removed it. Please give me whatever advice you can. thank you so much!!

Also I have been doing sort Of different cycle Process, it has worked good for me in the past. I added a those jelly things of beneficial bacteria, as well as used the 5 gallons of water from the previous tank. What was added was an extra five gallons of treated water.

mrsP

Reaction score
Could be that you have ammonia spike because of dead cory being in tank, so large water change might be a good way to start and it never hurts at least.

OP
C

cpduff

Reaction score
mrsP said:
Could be that you have ammonia spike because of dead cory being in tank, so large water change might be a good way to start and it never hurts at least.
Ok, how much would you recommend??

aoiumi

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Normally the water change size would be based on your water parameters. Without those, a water change of 50% would probably be a good place to start, and see how he behaves.

OP
C

cpduff

Reaction score
aoiumi said:
Normally the water change size would be based on your water parameters. Without those, a water change of 50% would probably be a good place to start, and see how he behaves.
Ok thank you!!

LelaLee

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Do you mind if I ask why you moved them down to a five gallon?

OP
C

cpduff

Reaction score
LelaLee said:
Do you mind if I ask why you moved them down to a five gallon?
I moved them from a 5 gallon to a 10 gallon, Sorry for the misunderstanding

New Threads