Sick Betta Help

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Herizen101, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Herizen101New MemberMember

Tank

What is the water volume of the tank? 10 gallons
    How long has the tank been running? 1 year
    Does it have a filter? Sponge
    Does it have a heater? Yes
    What is the water temperature? 78
    What is the entire stocking of this tank? 2 bettas, separated with black pvc board with .35 inch holes for water flow, marimo Moss balls, four or five different kinds of plants

Maintenance
    How often do you change the water?every other week
    How much of the water do you change? 25%
    What do you use to treat your water? Stress coat, only when adding new water
    Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? I do both, one or the other every other cleaning

*Parameters - Very Important
    Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? Yes
    What do you use to test the water? API master test kit, and kh&gh test
    What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.

Ammonia: 0
    Nitrite:0
    Nitrate:20
    pH: 7

Feeding
    How often do you feed your fish? Every other day
    How much do you feed your fish? 4 small pellets
    What brand of food do you feed your fish?
    Fluval bug bites for bettas
    Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods?
    No
    Illness & Symptoms
    How long have you had this fish? 1 year
    How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? 2 days
    In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? White swollen lips, laying on bottom of tank
    Have you started any treatment for the illness? E.M. Erythromycin
    Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? No
    How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? Since 2 days yes

Explain your emergency situation in detail. I just lost one betta with the same issue this one is having and I'm afraid he will be gone as well when I get home, there are no sharp objects in his tank,only live plants, they have been in this same tank for a year, I do everything on time as feedings and water changes so not sure how this fungal infection is getting the,also I have treated the tank 2 rounds of the E.M. Erythromycin please help

Attached Files:

2. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

How did you cycle your tank and how do you filter it.

3. Herizen101New MemberMember

I added my first betta to one side of the divided tank ( 10 gallon) with plants and then waited a week did a water test, pH was low waited another few days tested again and pH was perfect, after 4 weeks added my other betta and his plants, I use a sponge filter and bubbler and test my water weekly due to the size, and I do the testing the same time of day

4. Herizen101New MemberMember

My tank has been up and running for a year, no major issues, a bit of green algae only due to skylight sun light during the summer months