Sick Betta

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Rabysings, Apr 22, 2018.

1. RabysingsNew MemberMember

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have a male betta that is 2 1/2 years old. In the last month or so he has drastically changed. After researching many things, I honestly do not if he is sick with more than one thing or if he is just old. His spine is curved, he lays mostly at the bottom of his tank, but always with his tail down and head up. He has cloudy spots on his eyes. I had him trained so that every time I turned his light on, he knew it was feeding time and would swim straight up to the top. Now he doesn't eat, it's like he can't see it or even knows it's there. Every now and then he will swim around real fast and then go back to the bottom. His find look healthy and there doesn't seem to be any spots on him. Can any one help?

2. Bettafishies126Valued MemberMember

It sounds like he is just old to me considering how long you've had him, plus how old he was before you got him.

3. RabysingsNew MemberMember

Okay, this morning he looks like this... (He is in a glass so I can feed him). IMG_20180423_102507207.jpg

4. Bettafishies126Valued MemberMember

He looks very sick :( hopefully my reply will bump this so someone with more illness knowledge will see this

5. WystearyaValued MemberMember

We will need some more information to help you.

What is your tank size?
    Is it filtered? (Do you know about the nitrogen cycle?)
    Is it heated?
    How often do you do water changes? (And how much do you change?)

What food do you usually feed?
    How much per day/feeding?

---------------

I will say that it looks like you tried to feed a lot of pellets at one time. At least, just from looking at him in that cup. Overfeeding can cause issues, but maybe you were only trying to get him to take some food?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice