Sick Betta

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Robertcbjfan, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Robertcbjfan

Robertcbjfan Valued Member Member

Think it's constipated eats the Cory cats food before they find it.. didn't feed for 3 days fed a few peas yesterday was told to do an Epsom salt bath next how do you recommend doing that 20180410_172635.jpg 20180410_172604.jpg 20180410_172618.jpg 20180410_172558.jpg

2. Iverg1

Iverg1 Well Known Member Member

Do salt bath for 10 minutes any more and that will hurt him because he’s a freshwater not a salt water fish

3. OP
    OP
    Robertcbjfan

Do you know the amount of salt to add to the amount of water I can't find a site to trust thanks for the reply

4. Iverg1

Iverg1 Well Known Member Member

1 tablespoon for gallon of water or three teaspoons also as Epsom salt is used by humans make sure it has no dyes or scents just undyed unscented Epsom salt

5. Jyl080208

Jyl080208 Valued Member Member

Wow, that's pretty bad. Do you have the betta in a community tank?

6. OP
    OP
    Robertcbjfan

Thanks Iverg1. Jyl08208 he's in a 10 gallon tank with one nerite snail and 2 Cory cats everything has been good for 8 months at least but I noticed the betta was eating the extra food I put in for the Cory cats the other day

7. Jyl080208

I've been there too. Here is mine... Not as bad, but I caught him early 20180401_094326.jpg

8. OP
    OP
    Robertcbjfan

Wow they almost look the same

9. Jyl080208

I noticed that too. Lol. Crowntail?

10. OP
    OP
    Robertcbjfan

I'm not sure that's my daughter's tank. My wife has a 20 long with neon tetras and Amino shrimp. And I have a 55 gallon with all kinds of stuff LOL it's getting out of control

11. Jyl080208

Yeah, having a betta in a community tank can be really tough. I have a veiltail that I tried in my big tank... Fail. He wouldn't stop eating everyone's food. Then I tried the crowntail. He failed too. I just finished a 20 gallon long divided tank, which is where they are now. Now, I habe a black orchid in my big tank and he's doing ok, so far...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice