Sick Betta!!!!!!!

1. akcarroll12

akcarroll12 Valued Member Member

have a sweet mellow betta in a 30 g with 8 cories. Well, long story short now I have four cories and all are sick. One hour ago I had six healthy ones, now I have four. (Woke up to find two dead) please read Please Help! for more details. Amywhoo, this post is about my betta I love him so much. He is a marble rose tail. Well, I noticed his colors were dull and couple hours later, I saw the roots of his tail grey and rotting. What? An hour before he was dull but fine. Anything to do with cories? Pics below. Please help him. He is the fav of my bettas and I don’t want to loose him. Thanks in advance.

Quick question: Would bettas act differently when marbling?

2. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

This should really be included in your sick cory thread since they are in the same tank.
    Members should not have to "see here" and follow a different thread to get details.

It's important for everyone to have all the information in one place. It's less confusing as well.

3. Oliver T.

Oliver T. Valued Member Member

i have the same issue! one day i had 4 healthy eating cories, next day they started dying one by one...

4. OP
    OP
    akcarroll12

Ok thank you. I’ll remember that for next time.

5. devin s.

devin s. Valued Member Member

Quarantine it. If you can get the betta healthy on its own, and leave the cories to either heal or die in the old tank, he won't catch whatever sickness is going around. You may even want to quarantine all of them and clean out the tank, somethings hurting all of your fish.

6. OP
    OP
    akcarroll12

The betta expired. Could this be a worm? I swear I saw a thing like a white eyelash sticking of one of the gills of my fish.

7. devin s.

devin s. Valued Member Member

Could be, upload some pics and do some research. I would let a more experienced user help you out, since I haven't ever personally dealt with worms.