Sick Betta! Please help!

Drealoha

Drealoha

My betta has this grayish silver stuff on his fin. He’s in a ten gallon tank that is split into two.. so he has 5 gallons. There is not a fish on the other side of the tank. He has been suffering also from fin rot. I just recently put him in this tank since he was in a 2.5 gallon bowl. He has a heater set at 80 and a sponge filter. The tank has been cycled. Right now I am medicating the ten gallon tank with Maracyn two. I’m on day 3 out of five. He also has Popeye.
Any advise? The Grey/white stuff is getting close to his body. Is it a fungus or bacteria??

Salem

Drealoha

I filled out the template. Here are a few more pictures.
He also has major Popeye. I put in 2 tablespoons of aquarium salt and dosed with prime.
I am also worried he has velvet.

Drealoha

Here are some more pictures.
I just started dosing with fin and body cute from API.
Also put in 2 tablespoons aquarium salt.
I took all the plants out of my tank.
I am at a loss. Please advise.

Drealoha

He is lying on the bottom of the tank for like a week now. Only darts up to the top of the tank for a quick breath and then swims back down and hits the gravel and sits there again like he’s out of breath. Then just lays there and breathes heavy. Ugh. He is still eating but in the last few days he’s not coming up to the top to eat anymore.

Blueberrybetta

How often do you do water changes? And what are your parameters ?

Drealoha

Water changes weekly at 50%

Ammonia- 0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0

Going to do a test tomorrow again because I just changed the water today and added prime. So I wanted to wait 24 hours to get a solid reading.

Blueberrybetta

It looks like he has severe fin rot looking at the picture from Nov 2019 to now. His fins have deteriorated very quickly. Daily water changes is what will help with fin rot. Once his fins start to rot then they are prone to get infections very easily just from 2 day old water . Clean water will clear up from rot very fast and easily . Do about 25% daily and make sure you get the substrate as well.

Drealoha

He was in a 2 gallon bowl and I put him in the ten gallon about 6 months ago.
He already had fin rot and the white cloudy stuff on his fins back then.
The Popeye has been there for a couple months now.
I tried Kanaplex and that did nothing.

Drealoha

Is that what the white stuff is on his fins as well??
Any medication to help with this??

Blueberrybetta said:
It looks like he has severe fin rot looking at the picture from Nov 2019 to now. His fins have deteriorated very quickly. Daily water changes is what will help with fin rot. Once his fins start to rot then they are prone to get infections very easily just from 2 day old water . Clean water will clear up from rot very fast and easily . Do about 25% daily and make sure you get the substrate as well.

Blueberrybetta

Is the white stuff fuzzy or hairy like ? It's possible his fin rot could've turned fungal. You can use API Fungus Clear or Jungle Fungus clear tabs to heal with the fungus. For the fin rot , water changes are key, especially if he is in a tank smaller than 10gal. Just because the parameters are 0 doesn't mean the water is clean. Look up Methylene Blue as well if you haven't used that for the fin rot

Drealoha

It looks like Fuzzy white stuff on his fins.
I have methylene blue here and also jungle fungus clear tabs.
I’m currently trying fin and body cure by API.

I bought all this medication cause I was freaking out, but not sure what I can use together or seperate. Bath dip or in the tank?
I have snails in there so that’s an issue too.

Do you think he has velvet as well??

Blueberrybetta

Drealoha said:
It looks like Fuzzy white stuff on his fins.
I have methylene blue here and also jungle fungus clear tabs.
I’m currently trying fin and body cure by API.

I bought all this medication cause I was freaking out, but not sure what I can use together or seperate. Bath dip or in the tank?
I have snails in there so that’s an issue too.

Do you think he has velvet as well??
No velvet I would dose for the fungus and in the tank he is in now , moving him will cause more stress . Dose according to the medication for fungal infection and water changes every other day. Make sure you're checking the parameters

Drealoha

I can dose f’with fungus tabs along with the fin and body rot API together?? I’ve already started the fin and body rot API meds as stated above

Blueberrybetta

Drealoha said:
I can dose f’with fungus tabs along with the fin and body rot API together?? I’ve already started the fin and body rot API meds as stated above
I wouldn't because too much medicine in a small tank will deplete the oxygen level faster in the tank . Also I would use something stronger than API meds. Make sure you do water changes and condition with Seachem Prime

Drealoha

He is still just laying on the bottom of the tank. He can only swim up for a quick breath of air and then swims down and hits the bottom of the tank and lays there again. I am feeding him but it seems to all fall to the bottom of the tank cause he can’t swim and is laying there. Isn’t there something else wrong with him other than the fin rot and popeye in that he is laying on the bottom the whole time and only comes up for a breath?

I started dosing him with furan 2 and Kanaplex in the tank. Maybe see how that goes?

Drealoha

He sits/lays like this all the time

Blueberrybetta

Drealoha said:
He sits/lays like this all the time
Does his belly look swollen and white ? Are his scales protruding out ?

Drealoha

Scales not protruding. I will check his belly later tonight.. at work now.. but I don’t think so. I’m just so frustrated.. it’s sad. I feel like he’s a mess.

Drealoha

No his belly isn’t white or protruding.

Drealoha

It looks like the rot is eating away at his body?? His front half of the body seems to want to swim up and his bottoms half of the body cannot.. here’s some pics

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom