Sick Betta :( Please Help... Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by MartyB, May 20, 2018.

1. MartyBNew MemberMember

My betta has gone from bad to worse after medicating with Kanaplex and doing a salt water bath. He had appears to have popeye and had been looking ill recently. I only gave one treatment of the Kanaplex and did a partial water change and put some Jungle Clear in the tank. He was swimming up to eat a few days ago but now stays at the bottom and only comes up for air now and then. The water parameters are good, water is heated and there is a filter. The tank is 3 gallons. Please tell me what I should do. He is two years old and has been in good shape most of his life. He was eating five pellets a day but now doesn't have the energy to swim up to eat. He last ate a couple of days ago. I added an almond leaf a week or so ago. I am sad because I love my betta and don't want him to die... He looks aWFuL!!! Thank you...

Attached Files:

2. WanhiBetta

WanhiBettaValued MemberMember

Could you say your exact parameters? Temperature? Could you take a picture from the side?

3. OP
    OP
    M

MartyBNew MemberMember

Thank you for responding. The parameters are PH 8.2, Ammonia 0, Nitrates 0, Nitrites 0. Temperature is 78. Has gotten a lot worse since yesterday. I didn't want to do anything bc I was hoping someone would answer. I did do a 50% water change last night. Still not eating but will swim up to get air. I feel terrible for him but want to do what's best. Looks awful...

Attached Files:

4. WanhiBetta

WanhiBettaValued MemberMember

Something's wrong with his fins also. Your parameters are fine so it's not the problem. Is the white thing on his fins fuzzy? Looking like fungus?

5. OP
    OP
    M

MartyBNew MemberMember

No not fuzzy. flat. I gave him another salt bath last night and i think that made him somewhat worse this morning with heavy breathing; however, his eye and his body look a little better. I put him in a small container so he could be near the top and added some Kanaplex in the water. He is just lying on a plant... : (

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice