Sick betta fish Question

1. Mathew Burns Initiate Member

I think I have a sick betta, he was all blue like his top fins but has started to fade and hang around the bottom more. All water levels are fine an is in 47 gallon tank. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello and Welcome to Fish Lore!

Star.gif To help you to receive more responses from other Betta Owners, I have moved your thread from Freshwater Beginners to Betta Fish section of the forum. You can always locate your threads by clicking on Quick Links in the bar close to the top of the screen. In the drop down box, click on My Threads.

Best wishes for your tank and fish. I hope you enjoy the forum. Hold on for more responses.

Thanks!

Ken welcomehiya.gif

3. bellachan Well Known Member Member

From what I can see, there doesn't seem to be any signs of disease. Other then the color change he looks fine. Most bettas do change colors.

I see he is in a community tank? That might be what is causing him to be sluggish and pale. Sometimes it causes bettas stress. What is your tank's tempurature? And also, what do you feed your fish? Does your betta get enough food? I know mollies, platies and guppies are faster and pigs lol

4. Mathew Burns Initiate Member

Hi bellachan thanks for your reply he is in a community tank, the temperature fluctuates around 77-79, I feed him just normal tropical fish flakes he seems to get a fair bit but the other fish do get more.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. bellachan Well Known Member Member

If you would like to. Try adding betta pellets while you feed the flakes. Bettas love their pellets. They are good with 4-6 pellets a day (mine eats 4 a day when I do feed pellets)

They like bloodworms and brine shrimp to!