Sick Angelfish Help

1. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Hello,

Moved one of my Angels down into the hospital tank lastnight. Not sure what is going on with her. :;sh Water parameters are 0, 0, 10. Temp is 80. All other fish are healthy. Symptoms are labored breathing, light pinkish streak on back below her dorsal fin, base of fins are enflamed, gills seem to be out just a tad bit, she was hanging near the top before I pulled her out, before I moved her I noticed a stringy threadlike substance waving behind her left gill. It look like it was coming from her gill, if that makes sense. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance. :)

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

oh no christine!!!!!!!! im so sorry :(
    all the symptoms you have describe, sound like ammonia issues...whats the date on your test kit? the only exception is the string on her gill ...cold it be gill flukes? does it look like a worm like ? google it and see if it looks the same

3. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks Shawnie for your fast reply.

The date on my test kit for the ammonia bottle #1 is 1108 and #2 is 1208. I have another refill API ammonia in the drawer that I busted out and tested with, getting zero with that one too. She is an all white Angel, and quit big too. Very pretty gal. she's a Veil Tail. I think she is a girl. lol The redish on her back could very well be part of her color, I don't remember. lol

As for the stringy thing, It's gone. I did drop in Fungus Clear Tank Buddies lastnight. She's not hanging at the surface. I am not really sure on what to do now. Could be Gill Parasite too, something is going on with her gills. Poor baby. Seems to be doing OK. I was going to get a pic, but it seems my bf has the camera. Dang it!