Sick Angelfish! Help!

1. poochiramos Initiate Member

Hello, I got this angelfish 1 week ago with the rest of my fish. Today, I see that this angel has white spots/bumps all over its body. Doing a 20 % water change in the morning to get things going.
    - What is this ?
    - What medication should I use?
    - Should I treat separately or as a whole tank?
    (there is one more angel in this tank that shows no signs of illness yet)

Attached Files:

2. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Did you get all the fish from the same store? Is their tank newly set up? What are the parameters?

3. Shadow2331 Member Member

Judging by the pic it could be fungus since you changed water today, sometimes when changing the water of the tank some fishes might get infected with the fungus, if not a fungus it might be some kind of parasite.
    what temperature is your tank right now? and what about the waters parameters ?? have you tested the water yet?

4. poochiramos Initiate Member

After talking to my LFS, they tested my water and got a PH of 8, nitrates 30, nitrites 2, and ammonia 0. Just the week before my PH was at 7, and after talking to a worker there, she suspects I was feeding my fish too much, leading to the dramatic change in water quality. (My husband told me 2x a day every day) I'm currently doing an fungal treatment on the tank with 35% water changes every day. The angelfish seems to be doing better after a day of treatment, as the spots have started to shrink. Sorry for the late reply.

5. bopsalot Well Known Member Member

Those nitrites are pretty high. Be sure to keep up with the water changes. Nitrites at 2ppm is toxic and stressful for angelfish, leaving them susceptible to parasites and disease. Can you get a better picture of the angel with spots? I'm having trouble seeing what you are talking about.

6. Shadow2331 Member Member

Ok it is good that your fish is getting better keep up the treatment until it is completely gone, all the best and happy fish keeping :)