Siblings

BettasRule

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I'm now finding my younger siblings to be extremely annoying. My younger sister, who just turned 13, just tonight wanted to have my Ipod to listen to my ASMR stuff. But I told her no, but she ended up ransacking my room, almost opening up my personal journal, and then found my USB with some of my private story things on it. So then she took that, and made me wrestle for literally 15 minutes before I finally got it away. THEN, she threatened me over one of my writing accounts on Wattpad (don't know if anybody else has ever heard of it), and told me she'd been on my account, and saw some of the posts I had made, which contained the odd cuss word once or twice. So now I'm just ready to blow my top over it, but my Wattpad account has been one of my refuges lately, and I don't think my parents know I have it, but still. That was a private account, and she shouldn't have gone reading things off it. It would have been different if she hadn't been ON the account itself. I'd suspected things like that so I had gotten better at logging off of my email, and other websites I might have been on since that computer was a family one.

I just needed to get this rant off my chest, siblings are annoying. Especially if you're the eldest...

JamieLu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ya siblings can be hard but u know what? I bet she just wants to spend more time with u and get some attention from u. Maybe try spending some more time with her doing somethin she enjoys? It might help, it might not. Lol

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It’s true. Siblings can be annoying. But once you get a job, or go off to college, and you hardly ever see that sibling, you’ll start to realize just how much you love them. I know it seems kind of silly to talk about your relations this way, but its true. Many times, during my young childhood, I too fought with my younger and elder brothers. But now that both of my older brothers are gone every day at either college or work, I find I genuinely do miss them. You should make the most of the time you have with your siblings, even if you fight sometimes.

aquanerd14

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have 2 younger brothers. One of them is temperamental (but really doesn't use his strength). He is also just downright goofy and weird. He has more facial expressions than Jim Carry lol. The youngest brother is small, fast, and scrappy. He likes to pick fights with the goofy one. He uses his strength very well. Usually their fights go like this:

Youngest one walks up to goofy and punches him, then tackles him.
Goofy one gets up, makes threats, puts on his hilarious angry face, and waves his fists around.
Youngest one runs up to him and kicks him repeatedly. They start rolling on the ground throwing punches and kicking.
Repeat until goofball gets really really mad and shoves him down the stairs or something. Younger starts crying. Mom breaks up the fight.

The youngest one gets away with EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is crazy. His favorite pastime is irritating me and making me mad. He is also stuck-up and wants to do everything his own way. He won't even listen to mom.

EmiliyaCossack

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I would consider myself fairly experienced with family relations, ( I have eight siblings all of us from the same parents) and my younger sister was really annoying during my teen years and was incredibly bossy. However, we are now adults and I can tell you that even though sometimes her personality still annoys me and she can still be a tad bit bossy as that is in her nature, we are really good friends now and have a great relationship. At one point or another I went through a rough time with every one of my siblings, as we all grew up and matured everything got better and we really don't fight anymore. Occasionally we argue, and we can still get on each others nerves, but I just want to encourage you that this time shall pass and it will get better! Very rarely does it not, it always gets better. Hang in there and have a blessed day! Hope that was an encouragement.

LittleBlueGuppy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
BettasRule said:
I'm now finding my younger siblings to be extremely annoying. My younger sister, who just turned 13, just tonight wanted to have my Ipod to listen to my ASMR stuff. But I told her no, but she ended up ransacking my room, almost opening up my personal journal, and then found my USB with some of my private story things on it. So then she took that, and made me wrestle for literally 15 minutes before I finally got it away. THEN, she threatened me over one of my writing accounts on Wattpad (don't know if anybody else has ever heard of it), and told me she'd been on my account, and saw some of the posts I had made, which contained the odd cuss word once or twice. So now I'm just ready to blow my top over it, but my Wattpad account has been one of my refuges lately, and I don't think my parents know I have it, but still. That was a private account, and she shouldn't have gone reading things off it. It would have been different if she hadn't been ON the account itself. I'd suspected things like that so I had gotten better at logging off of my email, and other websites I might have been on since that computer was a family one.

I just needed to get this rant off my chest, siblings are annoying. Especially if you're the eldest...
I know what you mean. I have 3 brothers and and a sister (I am the youngest of 5). We have always been poor and had to share small bedrooms. At a couple points in my life we had to all share a signal room (5 kids). Not only was there no way to get away from my siblings (which forced us to get along) I struggled because I was always a Tom-Boy and loved to follow my older brothers around and play with them, but no one (especially boys) want to hang around “little sister”. There is a 5 1/2 year gap between me and my sister. I felt rejected and struggled a lot with not having any friends. Looking back on it, I realize how awesome my sibling where to me (though I may not have see it all at the time), and I am thankful for the small spaces we stayed in, because now as my oldest siblings are preparing to move out (my oldest brother is 21), we are extremely close knit and get along super well. I love my brothers and sister and they are totally awesome. Me and my sister make music together (I’m play cello and violin and she plays piano), and though we still share a small bedroom, we love sharing our bedroom and get along super well. Though siblings irritate you now, someday, you will be thankful for them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom