Siamese Algae Eater

1. Thunder Member Member

I can't find a specific place to post this. This isn't the Chinese Algae Eater.

I went up to a fish store to get one and I saw several of them in a tank. They was gray/black. With that, I told her to just pick one.

Now I come home, took the bag out of the sack only to find a yellow color. I don't know what in the world happened to this fish.

Normal? Wrong one? What should I do?

2. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Are you sure you got a true SAE, or perhaps a flying fox?

Both are great algae eaters, but the flying fox will eat less algae and become aggressive in time.

3. Thunder Member Member

I don't know. It's plain golden yellow with big eyes.

Can anyone help? I google image both of Siamese Algae Eater and Flying Fox Algae Eater and they both are silver/gray with black stripe. My fish is completely golden yellow. :(

:animal0068:Hello. Since there was not a response between your posts I've merged them for you.
    Thanks!
    Ken

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thunder hope you're doing well. Is there any way you can post a photo of the fish? I'm sure someone would be able to ID it if you can.
    Congrats on the new fish!
    Ken

5. wooza Member Member

Could it be a dojo loach? I have a chinese algae eater but it is not golden yellow, it is greeny coloured with a dark stripe down its back.

6. Thunder Member Member

Okay, finally the pix was posted from my phone. It took forever, many tries. Now I got it saved and uploaded to imageshack.

118.jpg