Siamese Algae Eater

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Thunder, Dec 7, 2009.

1. T

Thunder Valued Member Member

I can't find a specific place to post this. This isn't the Chinese Algae Eater.

I went up to a fish store to get one and I saw several of them in a tank. They was gray/black. With that, I told her to just pick one.

Now I come home, took the bag out of the sack only to find a yellow color. I don't know what in the world happened to this fish.

Normal? Wrong one? What should I do?

2. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Are you sure you got a true SAE, or perhaps a flying fox?

Both are great algae eaters, but the flying fox will eat less algae and become aggressive in time.

3. OP
    OP
    T

I don't know. It's plain golden yellow with big eyes.

Can anyone help? I google image both of Siamese Algae Eater and Flying Fox Algae Eater and they both are silver/gray with black stripe. My fish is completely golden yellow. :(

:animal0068:Hello. Since there was not a response between your posts I've merged them for you.
    Thanks!
    Ken

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2009
  4. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thunder hope you're doing well. Is there any way you can post a photo of the fish? I'm sure someone would be able to ID it if you can.
    Congrats on the new fish!
    Ken

5. w

wooza Valued Member Member

Could it be a dojo loach? I have a chinese algae eater but it is not golden yellow, it is greeny coloured with a dark stripe down its back.

6. OP
    OP
    T

Okay, finally the pix was posted from my phone. It took forever, many tries. Now I got it saved and uploaded to imageshack.

118.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice