Siamese Algae Eater Freaking Out

LynnwoodFishDad

I did my normal 15% weekly water change today. No ammonia, nitrates or nitrites. GH is about 45 KH is 40 and pH is about 7.2. My SAE is sitting on the bottom and listing a bit. Almost like it over ate. One of my yo-yo loaches is doing the same thing. No one else seems to be having issues.

Anyone have any ideas?

NC122606

LynnwoodFishDad said:
I did my normal 15% weekly water change today. No ammonia, nitrates or nitrites. GH is about 45 KH is 40 and pH is about 7.2. My SAE is sitting on the bottom and listing a bit. Almost like it over ate. One of my yo-yo loaches is doing the same thing. No one else seems to be having issues.

Anyone have any ideas?
Do you think it may be something with gH you have a pretty low gH.
Also, did you forget to dechlorinate?
Wait, no Nitrates?

LynnwoodFishDad

Dechlorinated and that’s the highest my GH and KH have been. I added crushed coral to the filter last week. I did rinse it in old aquarium water before installing it initially and before putting it back this week but did get a cloud that came out when the filter was turned on. Could the dust be hurting them?

LynnwoodFishDad

Here is a picture of him. He’s a little more golden tonight it seems like.

NC122606

LynnwoodFishDad said:
Dechlorinated and that’s the highest my GH and KH have been. I added crushed coral to the filter last week. I did rinse it in old aquarium water before installing it initially and before putting it back this week but did get a cloud that came out when the filter was turned on. Could the dust be hurting them?
There is no way the dust can hurt them.
Did you wash the coral before?
I think it is the gH problems.

LynnwoodFishDad

NC122606 said:
There is no way the dust can hurt them.
Did you wash the coral before?
I think it is the gH problems.
I washed it both before putting it in last week and rinsed it again today. GH was 0 before the coral.

It almost seems like he has hiccups!

NC122606

LynnwoodFishDad said:
Here is a picture of him. He’s a little more golden tonight it seems like.
Your gH is only about 2.2411 dH which is really low!
5 is the absolute minimum.

NC122606

LynnwoodFishDad said:
I washed it both before putting it in last week and rinsed it again today. GH was 0 before the coral.

It almost seems like he has hiccups!
Omg 0???

LynnwoodFishDad

NC122606

LynnwoodFishDad said:
So what now??
So the conversion is 17.9 gh to 1 dh so you need about 89.24 - 267.72 for it to be happy.
My water is about 11 dH.

LynnwoodFishDad

What’s the best way to increase it?

NC122606

LynnwoodFishDad

Quick update. Everyone is fine. Maybe he was growing or something but the silvery shine and little personality were back to normal today.

I did feed a frozen cyclops cube yesterday and think maybe he just over ate...

NC122606

LynnwoodFishDad said:
Quick update. Everyone is fine. Maybe he was growing or something but the silvery shine and little personality were back to normal today.

I did feed a frozen cyclops cube yesterday and think maybe he just over ate...
Good to hear!

Latest threads

Top Bottom