Siamese Algae Eater - Erratic Behaviour

Robert Fletcher

Joe is a 16-month-old SAE who is close to 5 inching. Normally he is hiding or resting on sword leaves. These days he prefers fish food to algae.
This morning before the lights came on I fed the fish. After this Joe was seen dashing around the tank. I first thought of CO2 as he seems more sensitive from past experience. The CO2 had only just come on and during the night I run an airstone. Also, he is not coming up gasping it is just erratic behavior. All the other fish are their normal selves.
He seems to have slowed down a bit now. Is he ill or could it be normal behavior that goes on the middle of the night whilst I am in bed?

smee82

SAE are schooling fish so this could be why if he is on his own.

Robert Fletcher

SAE are schooling fish so this could be why if he is on his own.
I doubt that this is it. It is recommended they are kept singly or in groups of 3. It is also a sudden change in behavior link overnight. It is as if he is behaving in that clownish way of Otocinclus where they chase around going up and down the glass. As I said I have had him for 16 months.

smee82

Ime On their own they are skitish so hr could of got a fright or just been playing. I wouldnt worry about it

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
EpikTurtle
Replies
Views
kallililly1973
Replies
Views
Champanier
Replies
Views