Shy shrimp

Joel2036

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey how was everyones christmas ?
Just wondering if anybody out there that has experience with RCS and if they hide more when they share a tank with fish
My tank is 20g and got a few plants a large piece of driftwood and a terracotta pot with moss on it
I added 10 neon tetras and ever since then they have been hiding alot more !
I was just wondering if I relocated the neons would the shrimp come out more ? I currently have about 30 in there but it only seems like I have about 10
Would I be best off removing the neons and having a shrimp only tank ?

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Shrimp are a prey animal so understandably get shy when something that may eat them is introduced. If it has only been a couple days I would give them more time to become comfortable.

I don't think an adult rcs has much to fear from a neon tetra, they will however eat up shrimplets.

My Christmas was great! Thanks for asking.

Joel2036

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks matt !
I got too impatient and cleared out one of my betta tank 8g and put the shrimp in there with new black sand and lots of Anubis and mosses I like it a lot more now ! It was the proper shrimp sand because it was way to expensive for me !
But it looks good once the water clears upnillmpost a photo
They are already a lot more adventurous !
As I was clearing the tank out scooping up the shrimp I was down to the last terracotta pot with Anubias and java moss and I only caught about 10 so far then I lifted the pot up and the whole rhizome of the Anubias was covered in them !! Must have been their hiding place

Joel2036

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I sure do monkey I think I might actually have 2 berried but it might just be me counting the same one twice ! so exciting can't wait to see little shrimp running around !

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom