shy pearl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannon66

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello, I have a pearl gourami in a 38gal with 8 Harlequin Rasboras and 8 Pristella tetras. I don't know if it's a male or female. I know they are shy in the beginning and stressed with certain tank mates. I've had the pearl for about 2 wks and it barely comes out of the back corner. Sometimes it'll venture down the back but that's it. Also hides behind the filter area often when i go near the front of the tank.
So, could the other fish be too active for the pearl or is this a reasonable amount of time to wait for this kind of fish to adjust?

Thanks in advance for the help

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Has your tank got a lot of cover and hiding places?

I used to have a pearl in my 45G, when the tank was quite minimlist with few hiding places it was always out swimming around, but VERY jumpy and skittish. Then I addedp lants and let them grow hay wire, the whole bottom 2 thirds of the tank was dense plant and it simply loved it! It would lurk around in the plants all day very calmly and was a lot more calm when it came out to feed

OP
S

shannon66

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i do have a lot of plants but they're not huge yet. I have to get a floating plant for him I think. I can't seem to find any around here. Thanks for the suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 62 65.3%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 18.9%

Top Bottom