Shutterbug's Tanks And Fishes

shutterbug13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have been meaning to make a thread with both my tanks for a while so here it is!
I only have two tanks set up right now (hopefully more soon), a ten gallon betta tank and a 29 gallon community.
29 gallon:
IMG_0144.JPG

Stocking:
8x harlequin rasboras
6x pearl danios
8x panda corys
I plan to add a pair of Bolivian rams, a couple more pearl danios, and maybe a dwarf gourami. I would love a BN pleco but I think my bottom will be full enough with the rams.

Ten gallon:
IMG_0146.JPG

Stocking:
1x betta (Neptune)
1x nerite snail

IMG_0141.JPG
IMG_0160.JPG

I only got my corys today so I can't resist posting pictures of them. They're so cute! The picture on the left is my first ever cory pile!

IMG_0152.JPG
IMG_0148.JPG

This is Neptune; he does have a couple tears in his fins because the genius decided to take a ride up my gravel vac a couple of months ago. I tried to get a picture of him flaring but he is so docile I've only seen him flare once in the almost-year I've had him.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Adorable pictures!
I love those little panda cory, I used to have a panda, but I rehomed it.

Whenever I feed my albino cory, they pile up the same way.

shutterbug13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I tried taking some pictures of my fish with my DSLR today, they aren't the greatest but here they are!

Attachments

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I really like these photos, great job
It's seeming that the fish are still doing well, and everything looks good.

shutterbug13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Fanatic said:
I really like these photos, great job
It's seeming that the fish are still doing well, and everything looks good.
Thanks! I'm kinda bummed that I couldn't get any decent pictures of the danios; they swim so fast it is almost impossible to focus on them. I'm sure if I tried for a lot longer I would have succeeded but everyone was starting to get stressed.

shutterbug13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I went to my LFS because they had a guest speaker giving a really interesting talk on Florida fish farms, I picked up some free fish food samples from Cobalt Aquatics which I'm looking forward to trying since they contains probiotics.
IMG_0516.JPG IMG_0517.JPG
I love the tank setups my LFS has so I included a couple pictures of them. I have yet to see a single dead fish there!
All the stock is sold in bare bottom tanks with a few plastic plants and pieces of pvc pipe to provide some cover:
IMG_0514.JPG
Their betta tanks are amazing, they have four or five tanks like this:
IMG_0515.JPG

shutterbug13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yikes, I haven't updated for ages!
I have been having issues with my panda corys. I started with a school of eight but they have slowly dwindled down to two. I'm not really sure what's going on since most of them appeared to be in perfect health before randomly dropping dead. This seems to be a problem a lot of people have had recently. I'm going to try to build their school back up this summer when I get back from vacation.
I'm going to try my hand at summer tubbing again this summer. My show-quality guppies from aquabid didn't work last summer for a variety of reasons so I'm going to try my pearl danios this summer. They have successfully bred in my community tank but I never could get the fry to survive so I'm going to try again in my hundredish gallon kiddy pool. Part of my reason for breeding them instead of guppies or something else is that I only have five of them currently and none of the stores around me stock them regularly other than Petco and I would prefer not to buy them from there.
I'm also going to try growing some extra plants outdoors for my tanks. I put some stem plants, anubias, java fern, and salvinia in my pool to provide cover for my danios and hopefully they will multiply. In a spare 29 gallon I'm trying to grow some dwarf sag, jungle val, and a lone amazon sword. I put down about an inch of miracle gro potting soil and capped it with some extra pea gravel I have so I don't have to use any root tabs or such. I stuck an extra filter on there to provide some flow and I dose some flourish every now and then.
I'll post some pictures of my tanks and summer tubbing efforts soon!

shutterbug13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Ugh, I've been really busy over the summer so I haven't been on here for months
Anyway, I have some exciting stuff to post soon! Hopefully I'll have some time soon to take and post pictures.

shutterbug13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Guys, breeding my pearl danios this summer was extremely successful, I currently have 100+ fry! I wasn't anticipating this many so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them all. My salvinia grew like crazy outside, my vals did decently but the rest of the plants didn't do much.
On vacation I picked up a beautiful piece of driftwood for my 29 gallon so that tank has been re-scaped. I also switched out the gravel in my ten gallon for pfs sand.
The last of my panda corys are gone I need to decide whether I want to try them again or go for a different type of cory. After I get (and quarantine) my new corys, I need to finalize my centerpiece fish options. I really want a Bolivian ram but my LFS doesn't normally stock them, I'll have to see about special ordering. I also wanted honey gouramis but I'm pretty sure my danios will harass them so I'm going to skip them for the moment.
I need to try and get some better pictures of my fry, they are really hard to focus on.
IMG_2795.JPG

Attachments

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
shutterbug13 said:
Guys, breeding my pearl danios this summer was extremely successful, I currently have 100+ fry! I wasn't anticipating this many so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them all. My salvinia grew like crazy outside, my vals did decently but the rest of the plants didn't do much.
On vacation I picked up a beautiful piece of driftwood for my 29 gallon so that tank has been re-scaped. I also switched out the gravel in my ten gallon for pfs sand.
The last of my panda corys are gone I need to decide whether I want to try them again or go for a different type of cory. After I get (and quarantine) my new corys, I need to finalize my centerpiece fish options. I really want a Bolivian ram but my LFS doesn't normally stock them, I'll have to see about special ordering. I also wanted honey gouramis but I'm pretty sure my danios will harass them so I'm going to skip them for the moment.
I need to try and get some better pictures of my fry, they are really hard to focus on.
View attachment 495179
Awesome, that’s a huge win!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom