Shrimps Keep Swimming On The Surface Of The Tank

Daniel Nguyen

Reaction score
My crystal red shrimps keep swimming on the surface of the water. Sometimes, there are maybe 5 of them in one place. Some even put theirs head out of the water. The other shrimps (around 20) are staying at the driftwood eating biofilm and such. I am wondering if anyone has experienced this weird behavior of the shrimps? and also is it normal or there is something wrong with my tank? Attached are the pictures. I am sorry in advance for the blurry pictures. I did my best to take the shots but the focus on my phone is so bad.

My tank water parameters. Please let me know if you need more info:
TDS: 160
pH: 6.4-6.6
KH: 0
GH: 5

image1.jpeg
IMG_2765.JPG
IMG_2774.JPG

tetratetris

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Welcom to fishlore!

Alot of the shrimp I know of and have kept sometimes swim up and down and stay at the sides. I'd say its pretty normal.

Hope this helps!

Daniel Nguyen

Reaction score
Thanks tetratetris!

I am so relieved when reading your post I was worried that there would be something wrong with my water. I did the water test and everything seems fine to me. Also, I notice when the light is out then they all stop crawling over the top.

tetratetris

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Daniel Nguyen said:
Thanks tetratetris!

I am so relieved when reading your post I was worried that there would be something wrong with my water. I did the water test and everything seems fine to me. Also, I notice when the light is out then they all stop crawling over the top.
Glad to help!!!

Bithimala

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Agreed, no concern from my experience with neos. There's probably something yummy up there

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom