Shrimp

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Kamie427, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Kamie427Valued MemberMember

I bought a peppermint shrimp maybe three weeks ago and hadn't seen him in a few days, so tonight I did a massive cleaning and rearranging of my tank and he's not in there....not even a dead body. What could have happened to him??? I'm so confused.

2. timmygt33Valued MemberMember

Shrimp are very sneaky, i have 20 cherry shrimp in my 50gal and it takes a few minutes to find even 1 of them and they are bright red!
    It is probably in there hiding in a sneaky place though there is a chance it has died and body has decomposed or was eaten...

Sorry for the bad news

3. OP
    OP
    K

Kamie427Valued MemberMember

THanks for the advice. He must have got eaten, I guess because I took every rock out of the tank when i cleaned it.

4. David CWell Known MemberMember

He might have been clinging to the underside of one of the rocks, I wouldn't count the little bugger out quite yet :) I'm rooting for him!

Dave

5. OP
    OP
    K

Kamie427Valued MemberMember

I'm hoping! I still haven't seen him. Waste of $8 :(

6. nemo addict

nemo addictWell Known MemberMember

the only shrimps i see in my tank are the cleaners,, i thought i had lost my peppermints till i changed tanks some 3 months later then they jumped out of a rock ,,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice