Shrimp

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Kamie427, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Kamie427Valued MemberMember

I bought a peppermint shrimp maybe three weeks ago and hadn't seen him in a few days, so tonight I did a massive cleaning and rearranging of my tank and he's not in there....not even a dead body. What could have happened to him??? I'm so confused.

2. timmygt33Valued MemberMember

Shrimp are very sneaky, i have 20 cherry shrimp in my 50gal and it takes a few minutes to find even 1 of them and they are bright red!
    It is probably in there hiding in a sneaky place though there is a chance it has died and body has decomposed or was eaten...

Sorry for the bad news

3. Kamie427Valued MemberMember

THanks for the advice. He must have got eaten, I guess because I took every rock out of the tank when i cleaned it.

4. David CWell Known MemberMember

He might have been clinging to the underside of one of the rocks, I wouldn't count the little bugger out quite yet :) I'm rooting for him!

Dave

5. Kamie427Valued MemberMember

I'm hoping! I still haven't seen him. Waste of $8 :(

6. nemo addictWell Known MemberMember

the only shrimps i see in my tank are the cleaners,, i thought i had lost my peppermints till i changed tanks some 3 months later then they jumped out of a rock ,,