Shrimp Uber

Discussion in 'Freshwater Invertebrates' started by BillynJennifer, Apr 17, 2018.

1. BillynJenniferWell Known MemberMember

My shrimp don't need a taxi or Uber. They've got snail transportation. Sorry for the water spots. IMG_20180417_134547.jpg

2. penguin02Well Known MemberMember

And I thought mine were the only ones that did that! Sometimes my shrimp will cling to algae on the filter output as it gets flung out into the tank XD

3. FoxyfishNew MemberMember

4. BillynJenniferWell Known MemberMember

Thanks. They are Blue Dreams. They look like little sapphires swimming around.

5. DarkOneFishlore VIPMember

6. FoxyfishNew MemberMember

seeing shrimp do this with mysteries makes me /really/ want a mystery snail. . . why do they have to be so messy

7. penguin02Well Known MemberMember

8. DarkOneFishlore VIPMember

Snails are good for shrimp tanks. Their waste helps keep the cycle going since shrimp have such low bioloads and shrimp can feed on the slime they sometimes leave behind. I have 3 in my 20g shrimp tank.

9. BillynJenniferWell Known MemberMember

On many occasions, I've saw my shrimp break down the snails poop even more.

10. FoxyfishNew MemberMember

thats good to know! once i finally have a chance ot make a shrimp tank i'll definitely stock some of the wonderful "water dog" mysteries in there :)

11. Zypher023Valued MemberMember

My cherry shrimp do this too! I figure they’re cleaning their shells or just avoiding being run over (my magentas are VERY active!).