Shrimp Uber

Discussion in 'Freshwater Invertebrates' started by BillynJennifer, Apr 17, 2018.

1. BillynJennifer

BillynJennifer Valued Member Member

My shrimp don't need a taxi or Uber. They've got snail transportation. Sorry for the water spots. IMG_20180417_134547.jpg

2. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

And I thought mine were the only ones that did that! Sometimes my shrimp will cling to algae on the filter output as it gets flung out into the tank XD

3. Foxyfish

Foxyfish New Member Member

awh how cute! i love how blue your shrimp is - is it a dream blue velvet shrimp?

4. OP
    OP
    BillynJennifer

Thanks. They are Blue Dreams. They look like little sapphires swimming around.

5. DarkOne

DarkOne Well Known Member Member

6. Foxyfish

seeing shrimp do this with mysteries makes me /really/ want a mystery snail. . . why do they have to be so messy

7. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

8. DarkOne

DarkOne Well Known Member Member

Snails are good for shrimp tanks. Their waste helps keep the cycle going since shrimp have such low bioloads and shrimp can feed on the slime they sometimes leave behind. I have 3 in my 20g shrimp tank.

9. OP
    OP
    BillynJennifer

On many occasions, I've saw my shrimp break down the snails poop even more.

10. Foxyfish

thats good to know! once i finally have a chance ot make a shrimp tank i'll definitely stock some of the wonderful "water dog" mysteries in there :)

11. Zypher023

Zypher023 Valued Member Member

My cherry shrimp do this too! I figure they’re cleaning their shells or just avoiding being run over (my magentas are VERY active!).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice