Shrimp That Won't Interbreed With Neocaridina In Same Tank

MaximumRide14

I have a ten gallon tank that's practically empty, except for some small Bloody Mary shrimplets. I don't want to buy any more Bloody Mary shrimp, but are there any other kinds of shrimp I could also keep in there that won't interbreed? I know no neocaridinas, but I know of other shrimp too (caridina, tiger, etc.) They would have to live in the same conditions and all that. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

Platylover

Yamato certainly will not interbreed with them.

JaksAquatics

caridina, and amonos do not

MaximumRide14

Yamato certainly will not interbreed with them.
caridina, and amonos do not
Will these be fine in similar conditions to neocaridina? pH is around 8.2-8.4 last time I checked, and temps are 78-80.

JaksAquatics

I don't think that caridina will but amonos should

-Mak-

Amanos are a great co-inhabitant.
No bee type caridina, however if you can get your parameters down to below 5 KH and below 7 GH ish, you can keep tigers, which are a type of caridina. They can live and breed in something between bee and neo parameters, though lower end is preferred

MaximumRide14

Amanos are a great co-inhabitant.
No bee type caridina, however if you can get your parameters down to below 5 KH and below 7 GH ish, you can keep tigers, which are a type of caridina. They can live and breed in something between bee and neo parameters, though lower end is preferred
Is there any way to get the KH and GH lower?

-Mak-

Is there any way to get the KH and GH lower?
Cut with RO, pretty much

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
FishSupreme
Replies
Views
-Mak-
Replies
Views
DIYbetta