Shrimp Tank

1. Madison Lancaster

Madison Lancaster New Member Member

I have successfully had a Betta 3 gal for a year, and have kept a tetra GloFish a friend gave me as a gift for a month or so now. I used to have some Buenos Aires Tetras but fluffy, the GloFish bullied them to death. I am nowhere near experienced in fish keeping so I blame myself. My 6.7 gallon tank is now practically empty. I would like to start a shrimp tank, but I’m not sure what I need. Once again I know my 6 gal is too small for a tetra, but it was gift. I also want to start fresh in fish keeping. So help me out, please.

2. Mom2some

Mom2some Well Known Member Member

There are lots of websites and YouTube videos about shrimp keeping. There is a forum section devoted to it where I read when I am dreaming of starting a shrimp tank. What are you planning to do with the tetra?

3. OP
    OP
    Madison Lancaster

Madison Lancaster New Member Member

I will look into those videos and forums definitely.

For the tetra, I have nowhere else to put it currently, and there is no one here where I live that is able to take it. It was a gift and the tetra is thriving in the fish tank I have it in. I am going to keep it there. My friend does not have experience with fish, and bought Fluffy without talking to me first. I would feel to bad if I simply gave it away or returned it. I am still trying to figure it all out

4. Mom2some

Mom2some Well Known Member Member

5. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Mark's shrimp tanks on youtube is a great beginner resource :)