Shrimp Tank

Madison Lancaster

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have successfully had a Betta 3 gal for a year, and have kept a tetra GloFish a friend gave me as a gift for a month or so now. I used to have some Buenos Aires Tetras but fluffy, the GloFish bullied them to death. I am nowhere near experienced in fish keeping so I blame myself. My 6.7 gallon tank is now practically empty. I would like to start a shrimp tank, but I’m not sure what I need. Once again I know my 6 gal is too small for a tetra, but it was gift. I also want to start fresh in fish keeping. So help me out, please.

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
There are lots of websites and YouTube videos about shrimp keeping. There is a forum section devoted to it where I read when I am dreaming of starting a shrimp tank. What are you planning to do with the tetra?

Madison Lancaster

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I will look into those videos and forums definitely.

For the tetra, I have nowhere else to put it currently, and there is no one here where I live that is able to take it. It was a gift and the tetra is thriving in the fish tank I have it in. I am going to keep it there. My friend does not have experience with fish, and bought Fluffy without talking to me first. I would feel to bad if I simply gave it away or returned it. I am still trying to figure it all out

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom