Shrimp Tank

LaniKai

So I finally cleaned out my 20 gallon and decided I'm going to get some red cherry shrimp to put in there. Would this stock list be okay?
10 Red cherry shrimp
1 Amano shrimp
1 Otocinclus
6 Celestial pearl danios
I would make sure there are a lot of hiding places for the shrimp. I would also put the shrimp in alone for about a month so they can establish themselves.

86 ssinit

Not an expert on shrimp but it sounds like a good grouping. Probably need a lot of plants for the shrimp and babies to hide in. Java moss and Anacharis I would recommend. Also I’d get 2 or 4 ottos. Why just 1 Amano Shrimp?

LaniKai

I have a few plants in there right now but I plan to get some different kinds of moss soon to put on the rocks and wood. I could definitely get more Amano Shrimp I just choose 1 cause I didn't know how many to get. Also, I was looking at my LFS and I saw they had Golden Sunset Shrimp which is listed as a Caridina sp. could I add 10 of those to the tank? So the updated list would be

10 Red Cherry Shrimp
10 Golden Sunset Shrimp
3 Amano Shrimp?
4 Otocinclus
6 Celestial Peral Danios

I couldn't find very much info on the Golden Sunset Shrimp so if anyone had any info on how hard they are to keep that would be awesome.

psalm18.2

I wouldn't mix ArmanI with cherries.

86 ssinit

Seems like there’s lots of shrimp out there. I have a 5.5 gal with 6 cherry shrimp and 2 tangerine shrimp (bought 3 yesterday 1 died already ). So I’m no expert. Cherry shrimp seem to be easy. Mine have had babies allready.

psalm18.2

LaniKai

psalm18.2 said:
I wouldn't mix ArmanI with cherries.
why? I've read that they do pretty well with each other as long as I make sure everyone gets fed.

86 ssinit

Lol I thought ArmanI were some sort of designer shrimp.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom