Shrimp Tank 20 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by LaniKai, Apr 19, 2018.

1. LaniKai

LaniKai Valued Member Member

So I finally cleaned out my 20 gallon and decided I'm going to get some red cherry shrimp to put in there. Would this stock list be okay?
    10 Red cherry shrimp
    1 Amano shrimp
    1 Otocinclus
    6 Celestial pearl danios
    I would make sure there are a lot of hiding places for the shrimp. I would also put the shrimp in alone for about a month so they can establish themselves.

2. 86 ssinit

86 ssinit Well Known Member Member

Not an expert on shrimp but it sounds like a good grouping. Probably need a lot of plants for the shrimp and babies to hide in. Java moss and Anacharis I would recommend. Also I’d get 2 or 4 ottos. Why just 1 Amano Shrimp?

3. OP
    OP
    LaniKai

I have a few plants in there right now but I plan to get some different kinds of moss soon to put on the rocks and wood. I could definitely get more Amano Shrimp I just choose 1 cause I didn't know how many to get. Also, I was looking at my LFS and I saw they had Golden Sunset Shrimp which is listed as a Caridina sp. could I add 10 of those to the tank? So the updated list would be

10 Red Cherry Shrimp
    10 Golden Sunset Shrimp
    3 Amano Shrimp?
    4 Otocinclus
    6 Celestial Peral Danios

I couldn't find very much info on the Golden Sunset Shrimp so if anyone had any info on how hard they are to keep that would be awesome.

4. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

I wouldn't mix Armani with cherries.

5. 86 ssinit

Seems like there’s lots of shrimp out there. I have a 5.5 gal with 6 cherry shrimp and 2 tangerine shrimp (bought 3 yesterday 1 died allready ). So I’m no expert. Cherry shrimp seem to be easy. Mine have had babies allready.

6. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Stupid spell checker. Amanos.

7. OP
    OP
    LaniKai

why? I've read that they do pretty well with each other as long as i make sure everyone gets fed.

8. 86 ssinit

Lol I thought Armani were some sort of designer shrimp.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice