Shrimp tank setup - quiet filter suggestions

11panos04

Hey all,i f ordered a 30x30x30cm tank to put some neocaridina shrimps and probably a couple of elders perhaps or a snail.Some rocks and a driftwood in the middle with moss,sessifloras in the background perhaps.What to you suggest as a filter?I d like an hob filter,since the most part is out of the tank,maintaining the ''optical illusion''. It will be in a bedroom,so silence is optimal. Any suggestions?

Rye3434

If silence is truly what you want I don’t think you’ll get more quiet than a canister in a cabinet. I’ve only used oase and fluval so I don’t want to give a suggestion for a small tank like yours but you don’t get the splashing noises or bubble noises that come with other options

Nobody

A block of hollowed out filter foam with pipe in it and a powerhead at the top. You can run any tank like that tbh :D

ProudPapa

Hey all,i f ordered a 30x30x30cm tank to put some neocaridina shrimps and probably a couple of elders perhaps or a snail.Some rocks and a driftwood in the middle with moss,sessifloras in the background perhaps.What to you suggest as a filter?I d like an hob filter,since the most part is out of the tank,maintaining the ''optical illusion''. It will be in a bedroom,so silence is optimal. Any suggestions?

AquaClear is the only brand of HOB I have. They're pretty quiet, but you may need to take the covers off. They rattle occasionally. If you go with a HOB be sure to get an intake sponge or shrimp will wind up inside the filter.

11panos04

AquaClear is the only brand of HOB I have. They're pretty quiet, but you may need to take the covers off. They rattle occasionally. If you go with a HOB be sure to get an intake sponge or shrimp will wind up inside the filter.
That i cannot understand.I have a 370 niagara and was humming a lot with the lid on.I took it off,and its almost silent...So much difference?...

ProudPapa

That i cannot understand.I have a 370 niagara and was humming a lot with the lid on.I took it off,and its almost silent...So much difference?...

Yes, the lids can certainly rattle. Sometimes just tapping on them will make it stop.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
A smol egg
Replies
Views
guppy5
Replies
Views
NavyChief20
Replies
Views