Shrimp Tank Mates.

Silverbetta

Reaction score
im new to keeping shrimp and want to know if bristlenose catfish and endler guppies can live with them? I got them in the tank with the atm and don’t want them killing them off. The in an 80 litre tank.

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Silverbetta said:
im new to keeping shrimp and want to know if bristlenose catfish and endler guppies can live with them? I got them in the tank with the atm and don’t want them killing them off. The in an 80 litre tank.
Ghost shrimp, amano or red cherry. Do lots of plants though. But don't expect many babies to survive.

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
The only way to avoid any shrimp casualities is to avoid fish all together. Even otos can eat the tiny ones. If you're okay with some casualties, add heavy plant cover, lots of mosses. Yes, the pleco will eat some, endlers will pick at some, but it's actually pretty popular to have a ton of java or other Moss and keep cherry shrimp and guppies together.

Bithimala

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I've got BNs with some of my shrimp, and so far, seems to be working well. I'm sure they've unintentionally eaten a few. However, it's only been a couple months.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom