Question Shrimp Size Before Move?

BusterBot28

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have some cherry shrimp babies in a breeder net in my brothers betta tank because I had some adault shrimp in a tank that got icy so I moved them there and they bread so I have an older batch and a younger batch of babies and the parents have almost all died off from old age. My question is should I wait until they are bigger before I move them. The older batch is about 2cm long the younger ones are about 1cm long. Thanks in advance!

Bithimala

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
If you can drip acclimate, always a safer option. I've found the RCS I have to be really hardy.

JenC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
If you can drip acclimate, always a safer option. I've found the RCS I have to be really hardy.
Agreed, plus younger shrimp are said to transition better than older shrimp.

Are you worried about moving them because of the transition/acclimation or because there are fish in their new tank that might eat them if they're tiny?

BusterBot28

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Agreed, plus younger shrimp are said to transition better than older shrimp.

Are you worried about moving them because of the transition/acclimation or because there are fish in their new tank that might eat them if they're tiny?
I was worried about shocking them if they were too young but I drop acclimated them for 50min and I didn’t loose a single one!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom