Shrimp Size Before Move?

BusterBot28

I have some cherry shrimp babies in a breeder net in my brothers betta tank because I had some adault shrimp in a tank that got icy so I moved them there and they bread so I have an older batch and a younger batch of babies and the parents have almost all died off from old age. My question is should I wait until they are bigger before I move them. The older batch is about 2cm long the younger ones are about 1cm long. Thanks in advance!

Bithimala

Fishlore VIP
I've moved much smaller than that without an issue. Just make sure you acclimate them

OP
BusterBot28

BusterBot28

Bithimala said:
I've moved much smaller than that without an issue. Just make sure you acclimate them
How long should I drop acclimate them? 30min or 45?

Bithimala

Fishlore VIP
If you can drip acclimate, always a safer option. I've found the RCS I have to be really hardy.

JenC

Well Known
Bithimala said:
If you can drip acclimate, always a safer option. I've found the RCS I have to be really hardy.
Agreed, plus younger shrimp are said to transition better than older shrimp.

Are you worried about moving them because of the transition/acclimation or because there are fish in their new tank that might eat them if they're tiny?

OP
BusterBot28

BusterBot28

JenC said:
Agreed, plus younger shrimp are said to transition better than older shrimp.

Are you worried about moving them because of the transition/acclimation or because there are fish in their new tank that might eat them if they're tiny?
I was worried about shocking them if they were too young but I drop acclimated them for 50min and I didn’t loose a single one!

New Threads