Shrimp Shelter

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by LSquareds, Apr 21, 2018.

1. LSquaredsNew MemberMember

i have gotten a bigger tank and have transitioned my fish over I have ordered shrimp my five gallon tank is being used to hold baby fish until they are big enough to be put into the big tank my five gallon currently has mainly omnivore fish and I need a shrimp shelter to put into the tank does anyone have any recommendations my shrimp arrive in two days and i want to make sure they stay safe and not end up dead if someone has any recommendations at all please let me know ASAP.

2. DemeterFishlore VIPMember

Wood, plants, and dried leaves all offer good shelter for shrimp. My cherries always hang out on the driftwood and eat the biofilm on it, they also pick at the dried oak leaves I put in for them.

Plant will always be appreciated, moss balls, java moss and other fine leafed plants are great.

3. FishL:))Well Known MemberMember

I found focusing mainly on ground cover works great for my ghost Shrimp.
    What kind of shrimp are you getting?

4. 123Valued MemberMember

I attempted to make several coconut houses from fresh coconuts and ended up also with some broken off quarters or smaller pieces. I still let some of them to just sit on the bottom of the tank just for decoration. Maybe it could provide also bit hiding to shrimps? Just an idea :)

5. FahnFishlore VIPMember

Java moss, coconut shell, bamboo sections (dried), cholla wood, ceramic pots and tubes, leaf litter, coffee mugs, piles of stones, and PVC pipe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice