Shrimp Pond/

1. Aqua Hands

Aqua Hands Well Known Member Member

So, I don't remember who had it but they have a shrimp pond. I thought it was cool and I wanna make one. I wanna make one outta the plastic storage totes. either this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Plano-Heavy-...&qid=1527080510&sr=8-3&keywords=plano+storage
    or
    https://www.amazon.com/Plano-1510-0...qid=1527080672&sr=8-67&keywords=plano+storage

I'll use 2 Sponge filters and 3 of these lights https://www.amazon.com/NICREW-Aquar...&sr=1-123-spons&keywords=aquarium+light&psc=1

Plants: Java Moss, Subwassertang, Duckweed, Java Fern, Guppy Grass

2. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

Oh very interesting. Though, if I might ask, why did you decide on those particular totes? Just asking because I saw a 40 gallon clear sterilite tote at Target for $30 the other day. Just shape wise? Because those are very intruiging shapes. I love the idea though, what kind of shrimp are you planning?

3. OP
    OP
    Aqua Hands

I chose these totes Because of the following reasons:
    1. They are tough as nails! I have both of these and have thrown them and them not breaking!
    2. Shape/Size
    3. Color ( I like that its black and I can't see them from the side.
    4. I won't "Have" to make a brace

I want to have some of the following:
    Blue Dreams
    Singapore Flower shrimp
    Kuhli Loaches (I've researched and feel confident they will not eat babies)
    Yellow Tiger Endler's Livebearer

4. OP
    OP
    Aqua Hands

Do you think I should make a stand? That way its not just sitting on the ground because its quite shallow

5. Rtessy

That's going to look amazing! Personally I have some blue dreams, and I would just like to mention they're a bit more sensitive than normal cherries, but they do look gorgeous. You'll get some weird colors out of the babies, for me I got about 50% blue dreams, 40% carbon rilis, 6% blue velvet, 3% black rose, and a single wild color. I guess we have similar tastes, because I've been looking into tiger endlers and kuli loaches as well, lol. I don't know about a stand, I think that's just up to personal viewing choice. This really is an interesting project, I hope it goes really well for you!

6. OP
    OP
    Aqua Hands

I chose the Endlers and loaches because I wanted to see a little fish swimming too! Help break up just staring at shrimp.

7. OP
    OP
    Aqua Hands

@Rtessy What about a brute trash tote? I think having one that deep would be wicked!

8. Rtessy

Oh that would be cool! You'd have to have some fine lighting to reach the bottom, but it really would be neat! A pond a few feet deep indoors is hard to beat

9. Ms rose

Ms rose Well Known Member Member

i would but not because its shallow, ut because the ground is cooler and you will not have to work as hard keeping it warm

10. OP
    OP
    Aqua Hands

I'll probs try a nice spot light!

11. Rtessy

That would look incredible! But of course you'll have some guests come over and they'll just be like, "why are you lighting a trash can??"

12. Ms rose

Ms rose Well Known Member Member

OOOH! this is an indoor pond lol sccratch my comment

13. OP
    OP
    Aqua Hands

HAHAHA, Im dead