Shrimp Pond/

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Oh very interesting. Though, if I might ask, why did you decide on those particular totes? Just asking because I saw a 40 gallon clear sterilite tote at Target for $30 the other day. Just shape wise? Because those are very intruiging shapes. I love the idea though, what kind of shrimp are you planning?

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Rtessy said:
Oh very interesting. Though, if I might ask, why did you decide on those particular totes? Just asking because I saw a 40 gallon clear sterilite tote at Target for $30 the other day. Just shape wise? Because those are very intruiging shapes. I love the idea though, what kind of shrimp are you planning?
I chose these totes Because of the following reasons:
1. They are tough as nails! I have both of these and have thrown them and them not breaking!
2. Shape/Size
3. Color ( I like that its black and I can't see them from the side.
4. I won't "Have" to make a brace

I want to have some of the following:
Blue Dreams
Singapore Flower shrimp
Kuhli Loaches (I've researched and feel confident they will not eat babies)
Yellow Tiger Endler's Livebearer

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Do you think I should make a stand? That way its not just sitting on the ground because its quite shallow

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
That's going to look amazing! Personally I have some blue dreams, and I would just like to mention they're a bit more sensitive than normal cherries, but they do look gorgeous. You'll get some weird colors out of the babies, for me I got about 50% blue dreams, 40% carbon rilis, 6% blue velvet, 3% black rose, and a single wild color. I guess we have similar tastes, because I've been looking into tiger endlers and kuli loaches as well, lol. I don't know about a stand, I think that's just up to personal viewing choice. This really is an interesting project, I hope it goes really well for you!

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Rtessy said:
That's going to look amazing! Personally I have some blue dreams, and I would just like to mention they're a bit more sensitive than normal cherries, but they do look gorgeous. You'll get some weird colors out of the babies, for me I got about 50% blue dreams, 40% carbon rilis, 6% blue velvet, 3% black rose, and a single wild color. I guess we have similar tastes, because I've been looking into tiger endlers and kuli loaches as well, lol. I don't know about a stand, I think that's just up to personal viewing choice. This really is an interesting project, I hope it goes really well for you!
I chose the Endlers and loaches because I wanted to see a little fish swimming too! Help break up just staring at shrimp.

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Oh that would be cool! You'd have to have some fine lighting to reach the bottom, but it really would be neat! A pond a few feet deep indoors is hard to beat

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Aqua Hands said:
Do you think I should make a stand? That way its not just sitting on the ground because its quite shallow
i would but not because its shallow, ut because the ground is cooler and you will not have to work as hard keeping it warm

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Rtessy said:
Oh that would be cool! You'd have to have some fine lighting to reach the bottom, but it really would be neat! A pond a few feet deep indoors is hard to beat
I'll probs try a nice spot light!

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
That would look incredible! But of course you'll have some guests come over and they'll just be like, "why are you lighting a trash can??"

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Rtessy said:
That would look incredible! But of course you'll have some guests come over and they'll just be like, "why are you lighting a trash can??"
HAHAHA, Im dead

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom