Shrimp Pellets for Neon Tetras

bruh12345

I'm going to get a variety of fish and I want one brand of food that I can feed to most of the occupants so I got Omega one's sinking shrimp pellets which would work for both the bolivian rams and the corydoras. Only problem is with the neon tetras I'm going to be getting. Would they eat it if I just crushed the pellets really fine? I don't want to buy three different foods for my fish. I already have to deal with algae wafers for the bn plecos.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Well, I don't know for sure, but I've heard that you can feed fish flakes to shrimp. But shrimp pellets to fish, if the ingredients are similar to a fish food (Which at least mine are), and the fish you have will go down to the bottom to scavenge for food, then it'd work.

bruh12345

Well, I don't know for sure, but I've heard that you can feed fish flakes to shrimp. But shrimp pellets to fish, if the ingredients are similar to a fish food (Which at least mine are), and the fish you have will go down to the bottom to scavenge for food, then it'd work.
Sorry, but I think you misunderstood me when I said shrimp pellets. They're basically just sinking pellets that are made out of shrimp not for shrimp.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Oh, ok, well neon tetras, from what I can remember from 5 years ago, explored the whole tank, so I think they'd come down to the bottom to feed on them.

Redshark1

Yes the Neon Tetras will feed on them on the bottom by biting tiny bits off the whole pellet, if the other fish let them.

cichlidL

If you crush it fine, I'm sure the neons will eat it. All my fish love the Omega One shrimp pellets, not just the plecos and loaches. I even use them as fry food crushed up.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
10 Gallon Tank What to feed my fish
Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views
dapps06
Replies
Views
Demeter