Shrimp or angel

1. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

I have a 35 gallon, BIGGER THAN YOU THINK! I currently have three angels and to mollies

[​IMG]

One of my angels, her name is Pine

Have to get to school so plz COMMENT PPL

2. Peacefantasy Well Known Member Member

Did you have a question?
    Very pretty angel, but angels should not be kept in trios. Two will beat up on the other. Seriously injure or kill it :(

3. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Rehome the third angel you just added. You can add shrimp if you want after that.

4. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Beautiful angel fish, But I agree, keep your two favorite and rehome the other one. As they get bigger and if two pair up they Will attack the third one. Alison:;hi1

5. happygolucky Well Known Member Member

And if they don't pair up, you'll need to rehome another. if you truly want to try and get a pair, get 3-4 more baby angels (assuming yours are still baby-ish, half-dollar sized), and let them pair up. Then you rehome the rest. Otherwise, I wouldn't risk it, and I'd rehome two of the three.

P.S. If you do get a pair eventually, your mollies will be beaten up probably whenever your Angels breed, Angels are aggressive during spawning and the mollies don't have a lot of space to escape to.

6. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

I would agree with that if you want to breed them and raise fry. If not you could keep the one you like the best and have that one be the centerpiece fish in your tank. Just another option. I have one koi as the centerpiece in my 30 gallon, because I don't want babies nor do I want to deal with the aggression that comes along with breeding, so I chose to just get the one. But if you are already attached to the two that you had then just give them a try, You could always upgrade to a bigger tank down the road , or get another thirty and start another tank with an angel as the centerpiece on both. Just another suggestion. :pAlison

7. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

I'm getting an angel

8. happygolucky Well Known Member Member

A fourth? I'd recommend possibly 1-2 more to really give you a chance at a pair. Do you plan on rehoming the rest afterwards? If not, what you're doing is only leading to a massacre.

9. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

So you are going to try 4 angels? Even numbers are better than odd numbers just keep a close eye on them as they get older for signs of aggression . Alison....Keep us posted on how it goes. ;)

10. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

Ok!

I'm very sentimental, so I'm probably going to try mostly females.

11. happygolucky Well Known Member Member

You can sex them??? That's a feat in itself!

12. bizaliz3 Fishlore VIP Member

35 gallons is too small for four adult Angels...

13. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

I can sex them when they are half dollar size

14. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Really? That's impressive. Even angel experts can't do that.

I thought you were asking on your other thread for people to sex your angels for you?

But even 4 females will have issues in a tank that size.

15. bizaliz3 Fishlore VIP Member

There is really no way to truly sex an angelfish unless it's breeding tubes are showing. There are traits that are more common among males or females, but it is never guaranteed.

16. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

That's my mollies. And the new angel

17. Peacefantasy Well Known Member Member

Please dont get anymore angels for this tank. Theres really just not the room. If you truly care about them and their well being, youd take our advice to heart. Angelfish get a pretty big size and like to explore their tanks. Your tank is hardly big enough for one angel, much less four. Like I already said, im rehoming 2 of my 4 angels from my 55g. Just not enough room.

18. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

I agree with Peacefantasy. Don't get any more angels. Please try rehoming them as they will soon outgrow the 35G. Just because a fish is surviving doesn't mean it's thriving. Think of it this way;

You can put a cat or a dog in a cage for its whole life. Sure, it will survive. But it isn't happy. The cat or dog won't be thriving. Alive, but not thriving like it should. The same applies to your angels. They may survive in your tank but to keep them all there would be cruel.

Just keep one of the angels, and rehome the rest. Its the best thing to do if you really care for your fish.

19. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

I cant takeit

I will upgrade

20. Peacefantasy Well Known Member Member

Stock for the tank you have, not what you plan to have.
    What size tank do you think youll get?