Want To Sell Shrimp for Sale - Free Shipping

ProudPapa

Hello,

My colonies of shrimp have done well, and I'd like to start selling some. I've culled ruthlessly, so I think they're pretty nice shrimp. I won't claim any particular grade, but you can see them below. (I'll go ahead and apologize for the poor quality of the pictures now. Photography isn't one of my strengths.) I will try to send mostly younger shrimp, since they seem to handle acclimating to new water better than older shrimp.

Payment is through PayPal. I'll ship via USPS on Monday or Tuesday, so they should arrive before the end of the same week. I will ship shrimp with a clump of guppy grass for them to hold onto and graze on during shipping. All my tanks have bladder snails and rams horn snails. I'll remove any I see, but if you're concerned about them feel free to toss the guppy grass, or treat it with either of the methods described at Dipping Plants to Eliminate Snails. (By the way, shrimp just love freshly crushed snails.)

Shipping is included in the price on all shrimp. The blues ones are $4.00 each (minimum 10) or $75.00 for 25, and the red ones are $3.00 each (also minimum 10) or $60.00 for 25. I also have culls, with no promises on colors. They're $25.00 for the first dozen and $10.00 for each additional dozen.

If you need plants I have some listed at Assorted Plants Want To Sell - | Buy, Sell, Trade, Free Forum | 472435. Shipping is free on plants if I ship them with shrimp.

If you have any questions feel free to ask in a reply here. If you're interested in buying please send me a private message and we can work out the details.

1605232104246.png
1605232161929.png
1605232238443.png
1605232317623.png

NaturalGothic

Hi there! Are your shrimp still available and do you ship to NY?

ProudPapa

Hi there! Are your shrimp still available and do you ship to NY?

I do still have some, and I'll ship to New York, but we'd need to find a window when it's not too cold. I'm in southeast Texas, so my end isn't a problem, but yours might be.

ProudPapa

The mail is a mess right now, so I'm suspending shipping until after New Year's. If you want some shrimp feel free to go ahead and let me know, and I'll be sure to save them for you until then.

ProudPapa

Lowered the price on the red shrimp.

RelaxingBettas

I'm desperate for shrimp, but after some DOA losses on winter fish shippings, I am not eager to repeat that sadness, are cherry shrimp generally hardier if a snap hits (like the one in NJ that took out my guppies, RIP)? I am not too far from SE Texas (I mean, by Texas size reckoning, lol), and I never had any shrimp losses getting them shipped when it was coolish in fall- is it realistic to hope for a warm enough window before actual spring? (I need plants en masse, and was hoping to combine shipping, for obvious reasons. Would a big honking order of plants increase odds of survival?)
(Sorry for the rambling, when I go to sleep dreaming of shrimp, I wake up thinking of shrimp, and the coffee hasn't quite sunk in lol)

ProudPapa

I'm desperate for shrimp, but after some DOA losses on winter fish shippings, I am not eager to repeat that sadness, are cherry shrimp generally hardier if a snap hits (like the one in NJ that took out my guppies, RIP)? I am not too far from SE Texas (I mean, by Texas size reckoning, lol), and I never had any shrimp losses getting them shipped when it was coolish in fall- is it realistic to hope for a warm enough window before actual spring? (I need plants en masse, and was hoping to combine shipping, for obvious reasons. Would a big honking order of plants increase odds of survival?)
(Sorry for the rambling, when I go to sleep dreaming of shrimp, I wake up thinking of shrimp, and the coffee hasn't quite sunk in lol)

I apologize for not replying sooner. For some reason I didn't get a notification that you had posted, and just saw it now. I'll answer the best I can.
  • It's my understanding that shrimp are generally hardier than fish regarding temperature changes as long as the change is gradual (I've seen several reports of people saying they'd found some alive in tubs outside under a layer of ice), and I would pack them the best I can.
  • I don't know where you live, but if temperatures in my location and yours are above freezing for the time they're scheduled to be in the mail I'd feel pretty good about it. On my end it wouldn't be difficult, since afternoon temperatures close to 80° aren't uncommon here in winter.
  • If you also ordered plants then of course I'd probably need a larger box, which might help some with keeping the temperature stable, but I don't think it would make much difference. I wouldn't want you to buy plants you don't need just for that reason.

RelaxingBettas

There's such a thing as extra plants, lol?
I appreciate your detailed response, thank you so much. Weather in Tennessee is seldom predictable, we had seventy-ish days last week that could have been Pasadena weather for the Rose Parade, and right now it's 26'!
A family member however has just passed and I have backburnered the shrimp for this moment, I can't even think today (it is good to have the endless tank chores to keep me busy).
I expect you will continue to have shrimp (and I will continue to need them), I hope to have a little more focus to think of such things soon.
Thanks again.

ProudPapa

There's such a thing as extra plants, lol?
I appreciate your detailed response, thank you so much. Weather in Tennessee is seldom predictable, we had seventy-ish days last week that could have been Pasadena weather for the Rose Parade, and right now it's 26'!
A family member however has just passed and I have backburnered the shrimp for this moment, I can't even think today (it is good to have the endless tank chores to keep me busy).
I expect you will continue to have shrimp (and I will continue to need them), I hope to have a little more focus to think of such things soon.
Thanks again.

I'm sorry about your loss, and I do plan to have shrimp indefinitely. Let me know whenever you're ready.

Fishfriendof315

I'm going to check the forecast and message you in couple days for a dozen culls and couple 2 3 cups of java. Pests not worried I have them too. Just more food

Jojo205

I’m interested in your culls but I only have 5 gallons with 2 guppies already in the tank, it’s not heavily planted but I’m planning to add more plants in the near future and let them establish themselves before buying shrimp... anyway will you sell less than a dozen? Or do you think a dozen is a good number for 5 gallons? I really don’t know much about the bioload of shrimp so I’m not sure how many is too many lol

ProudPapa

I’m interested in your culls but I only have 5 gallons with 2 guppies already in the tank, it’s not heavily planted but I’m planning to add more plants in the near future and let them establish themselves before buying shrimp... anyway will you sell less than a dozen? Or do you think a dozen is a good number for 5 gallons? I really don’t know much about the bioload of shrimp so I’m not sure how many is too many lol

Adding plants and waiting a while is a great plan. Shrimp need biofilm to graze on pretty much 24/7, and that takes time to develop.

Shrimp have a very small bioload. A dozen wouldn't be anywhere close to too many in a 5 gallon tank. I recently sold almost 60 of my blue shrimp from a 5.5 gallon tank, and that was only about half of the population at the time.

Jojo205

Adding plants and waiting a while is a great plan. Shrimp need biofilm to graze on pretty much 24/7, and that takes time to develop.

Shrimp have a very small bioload. A dozen wouldn't be anywhere close to too many in a 5 gallon tank. I recently sold almost 60 of my blue shrimp from a 5.5 gallon tank, and that was only about half of the population at the time.
Gotcha, thank you!! I'll let you know in a couple months when I'm ready for shrimp
Just wondering (and showing off my minimal knowledge of shrimp, LOL - dont worry I'll research a lot more before I buy any), what sets the cull shrimp apart from the regular, more expensive blues and reds? Are they just less vibrant/lower grade..?

ProudPapa

Gotcha, thank you!! I'll let you know in a couple months when I'm ready for shrimp
Just wondering (and showing off my minimal knowledge of shrimp, LOL - dont worry I'll research a lot more before I buy any), what sets the cull shrimp apart from the regular, more expensive blues and reds? Are they just less vibrant/lower grade..?

Let me know when you're ready. They are culled because of less color, or just less desirable color. I know that when culling young fish it's necessary to remove those with structural defects, but I've never seen that with shrimp.

CastleGrayskull

Very interested in blue culls, any grade.

ProudPapa

Very interested in blue culls, any grade.

I'll look later this morning after the lights come on, but I'm pretty sure there aren't many blue culls. Most of them are red, brown, or very near clear.

CastleGrayskull

I'll look later this morning after the lights come on, but I'm pretty sure there aren't many blue culls. Most of them are red, brown, or very near clear.

Understood. I *might* be interested in brown or clear culls but that would solely depend on the price and (no offense), I'd probably benefit from a quick snapshot of them.

I swear I'm not a high maintenance buyer lol

ProudPapa

Understood. I *might* be interested in brown or clear culls but that would solely depend on the price and (no offense), I'd probably benefit from a quick snapshot of them.

I swear I'm not a high maintenance buyer lol

Here's a picture I just took, and I'm not at all offended by you asking for it. As you can see, there aren't many blues.

The prices are in the first post.

0203211412.jpg

coolio3991

Hello,

My colonies of shrimp have done well, and I'd like to start selling some. I've culled ruthlessly, so I think they're pretty nice shrimp. I won't claim any particular grade, but you can see them below. (I'll go ahead and apologize for the poor quality of the pictures now. Photography isn't one of my strengths.) I will try to send mostly younger shrimp, since they seem to handle acclimating to new water better than older shrimp.

Payment is through PayPal. I'll ship via USPS on Monday or Tuesday, so they should arrive before the end of the same week. I will ship shrimp with a clump of guppy grass for them to hold onto and graze on during shipping. All my tanks have bladder snails and rams horn snails. I'll remove any I see, but if you're concerned about them feel free to toss the guppy grass, or treat it with either of the methods described at Dipping Plants to Eliminate Snails. (By the way, shrimp just love freshly crushed snails.)

Shipping is included in the price on all shrimp. The blues ones are $4.00 each (minimum 10) or $75.00 for 25, and the red ones are $3.00 each (also minimum 10) or $60.00 for 25. I also have culls, with no promises on colors. They're $20.00 for the first dozen and $10.00 for each additional dozen.

2021-02-06 edit: I recently set up a new tank for the blues, and something went wrong. I lost most of them so it will take a while to get the colony built back up to where I have some available. The reds are still doing fine.

If you need plants I have some listed at Assorted Plants Want To Sell - | Buy, Sell, Trade, Free Forum | 472435. Shipping is free on plants if I ship them with shrimp.

If you have any questions feel free to ask in a reply here. If you're interested in buying please send me a private message and we can work out the details.

1605232104246.png
1605232161929.png
1605232238443.png
1605232317623.png
Hello so do you have red and amano shrimp andblue shrimp for sale still I'm hoping to buy 20 of total but I would like 10 blue 5 red and 5 amano if you can do that.

ProudPapa

Hello so do you have red and amano shrimp andblue shrimp for sale still I'm hoping to buy 20 of total but I would like 10 blue 5 red and 5 amano if you can do that.

I also replied to your private message, but I have red and blue shrimp, but no amanos. Since amanos don't reproduce in fresh water you aren't likely to find a hobbyist who has some for sale.

Fiosco345

I also replied to your private message, but I have red and blue shrimp, but no amanos. Since amanos don't reproduce in fresh water you aren't likely to find a hobbyist who has some for sale.
do u have any culls i wanted about 8

Fiosco345

how much would 8 be plus shipping
how much would 8 be plus shipping
im in the dfw texas
so if i wanted 8 redish culls(base grade shrimp) how much would that be?

coolio3991

Okay cool I responded to you. Also I had no clue they needed salt water. I think it's crazy that they can live in brackish and fresh.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Want To Sell Assorted Plants
Replies
Views
emilymg
Replies
Views
Shrimpgeek
Replies