Shrimp For Corydoras?

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by fish time, Jul 21, 2017.

1. fish time

fish timeWell Known MemberMember

So for dinner today I ordered chinese food and I got a piece of shrimp in my food so I thought it would be good for my corydoras but since it is fried that won't mess with the corys or not really should I rinse the shrimp or just place it in the way it is I hear corys eat meat and I have seen many videos of corys eating shrimp and I here it's good for them so how should I prepare it and I wonder if my corys will eat shrimp

2. MongooseALaMode

MongooseALaModeWell Known MemberMember

I don't really know much about cory diets but I would imagine if it was cooked in any oils that wouldn't be good. 100% give a thorough rinse and make sure any non shrimp pieces(batter or other food) are removed if you do give it to them. I would wait for a more experienced person though

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  3. FishFish221

FishFish221Well Known MemberMember

Don't feed the fried shrimp. It is probably filled with oils that are unhealthy to the corys. If you do want to feed shrimp, get it from the grocery store and just cut it into small pieces. Corys do better with brine shrimp though.

4. BeanFish

BeanFishWell Known MemberMember

I feed mine raw shrimp so they can eat but I wouldnt feed cooked shrimp. It comes with a lot of condiments and is probably full of oil. I dont think the fish will die if you feed them that but is something I wouldnt do.

5. OP
    OP
    fish time

fish timeWell Known MemberMember

I will change my mine then thanks for the great info everyone

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice