Shrimp eggs help.

1. Jasonnnnnnnz Member Member

Hi guys my cherries had eggs for about 2 weeks and now I can't see them nor see any baby shrimps inside them. Help

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

It's possible she dropped the eggs if the water conditions weren't quite right & the fish ate them

3. Jasonnnnnnnz Member Member

What is the perfect water condition may I ask? Should I go cooler or warmer for the next batch?

4. smee82 Well Known Member Member

AT higher temps their life cycle is faster so If your temp is higher its possible that the eggs have hatched already. Baby RCS are tiny and i wouldn't expect to see anything for a few days at least.

I try to keep my temp at 24 or 25 but it has gotten as high as 28 and i only lost one shrimp. Water quality is much more important then temp in my opinion. also large changes in water chemistry can effect shrimp you you might be better of doing 2 or 3 smaller water changes instead of one large one a week and if you can leave your water out overnight to limit PH swings.

5. Jasonnnnnnnz Member Member

Mine currently sits at 25c

6. smee82 Well Known Member Member

wait for a week and you should see little shrimp swimming in your tank as long as they dont get eaten.