Shrimp Clock NPT Tank

Discussion in 'ZeeZ' started by ZeeZ, Jan 8, 2013.

1. ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

Well, as a few of you (Yes, I'm talking about you, kp9blicoadslkfjasd;lfkjae) know that I'm going to take this incredibly cruel novelty betta tank and turn it into a perfectly fine tank suitable for shrimp. Yup.

Check out what came in the mail.

Unfortunately, a problem has already arisen with it...

The bottom part of the acrylic front came undone! D-oh! I'm going to see what Fab.com can do about this. Otherwise, I'll have to take it off and silicone it back on.

My plan is to turn it into a naturally planted tank just like I did with my Beverage Dispenser. I'm going to have to figure out how to mount a LED light to it but I'm hoping that my friend who owns the LED company can teach me how to create these lights. Now that I have this tank actually in my hands, it certainly looks doable.

The back is held on by several screws, so that can be taken off if needed and it looks like the plastic backing has enough space for small screws to be drilled into it to mount it. I want to take the backing off and replace that blatant "FISH CLOCK" with "SHRIMP CLOCK". :D

Any ideas for plants? Something that's slow growing and will stay small but will still take up a lot of nitrates/nitrites/ammonia/etc/etc.

2. Mrs.PriceValued MemberMember

Haha! I see you've used my line from the original posting! Well done, good sir, well done! :;batman

3. Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

I'll be eyeing this! Saw the thread mentioned when it was first posted, but didn't realize it had escalated to this :;laughing

4. chevyguy8893Well Known MemberMember

That is pretty neat, hopefully they will take care of the problem for you. It will be interesting to see what you create in this. The only plant thoughts I have for it is marsilea hirsuta, but I don't know how well it is going to take up the nitrogen sources. Maybe an anubias nana 'petite' too. Both of those may create a low maintenance planted clock.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice