Shrimp breeder tank questions?

Chewbacca773

I want to put substrate in my shrimp tank, do I go with smooth-edged gravel or sand? I'm thinking sand, but just wanna confirm

RedOnion

I want to put substrate in my shrimp tank, do I go with smooth-edged gravel or sand? I'm thinking sand, but just wanna confirm
I prefer sand, it looks better imo

JettsPapa

I use sand in mine, but I don't think the shrimp care.

Chewbacca773

I wanna grow more biofilm, I already have cholla wood, any other good biofilm-growers?

PAcanis

I saw someone mention Bacter AE in another thread. I looked it up and it said that it enhances the development of biofilm.
I read a lot of positive comments. But I'm sure there are probably just as many negative ones...
Apparently it is used in moderation and not near as often as the instructions call for, so it must be potent stuff.

No real experience with it myself. But if it was a choice of using that or tinting the water in a tank I wish to remain clear, I'd give it a try.

Chewbacca773

I saw someone mention Bacter AE in another thread. I looked it up and it said that it enhances the development of biofilm.
I read a lot of positive comments. But I'm sure there are probably just as many negative ones...
Apparently it is used in moderation and not near as often as the instructions call for, so it must be potent stuff.

No real experience with it myself. But if it was a choice of using that or tinting the water in a tank I wish to remain clear, I'd give it a try.
Yeah I was gonna use that, because I will be adding them to a new setup

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JettsPapa
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
Awesomeneptune
Replies