Shrimp Behavior?

Otto_the_oto

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I remodeled my tank about 2 weeks ago and I hadn’t seen my amano shrimp since. Today I was happy to see them but they were acting really weird. They’re walking and swimming all over the tank very quickly and they just keep going around and around. Normally they hang out in the caves and tubes, but they’re acting crazy now. It’s just unusual. There’s 4 platys and 7 white fin rosy tetras who haven’t picked on any of the shrimp before. 0 ammonia/0 nitrite/ about 10 nitrate

musserump09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I remodeled my tank about 2 weeks ago and I hadn’t seen my amano shrimp since. Today I was happy to see them but they were acting really weird. They’re walking and swimming all over the tank very quickly and they just keep going around and around. Normally they hang out in the caves and tubes, but they’re acting crazy now. It’s just unusual. There’s 4 platys and 7 white fin rosy tetras who haven’t picked on any of the shrimp before. 0 ammonia/0 nitrite/ about 10 nitrate
Nothing to worry they are still probably figuring out a territory.

sloughdog

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Agree with the above. My amanos go nuts after the slightest change or disturbance. Probably a natural reaction to being low on the food chain. They also do this when I feed...they take the little sinking wafers intended for my cories and kuhlis...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom