Shrimp And Snail Control

Aquarium Josh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Is there any peacful fish that will control shrimp and snails?

andychrissytank

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
you mean like cull the population?
and it depends on the type of snail because some loaches won't give them a second look, an assassin snail could work since they won't get rid of evey single one of them and you'll still have a few to play around with
any omnivourous fish will try to pick off some shrimp babies if they can find them

Aquarium Josh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
andychrissytank said:
you mean like cull the population?
and it depends on the type of snail because some loaches won't give them a second look, an assassin snail could work since they won't get rid of evey single one of them and you'll still have a few to play around with
any omnivourous fish will try to pick off some shrimp babies if they can find them
Yes I haven't stocked any thing yet I'm just trying to get ideas so almost any omnivorous will eat the baby shrimp

andychrissytank

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
yeah but then they become impossible to fast, since if you skip a day of food they'll just go on a hunt
the shrimps will need moss but if they are also have something sharp to hide in like certain driftwoods, the fish could damage their fins trying to get some food
and weaker fish might become the shrimps food lol
if you don't want too many snails, i'd say get some nerite snails, there are all kinds of colors and unique shell designs and they can't reproduce in freshwater so the amount you have is how many you'll ever get

Aquarium Josh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
andychrissytank said:
yeah but then they become impossible to fast, since if you skip a day of food they'll just go on a hunt
the shrimps will need moss but if they are also have something sharp to hide in like certain driftwoods, the fish could damage their fins trying to get some food
and weaker fish might become the shrimps food lol
if you don't want too many snails, i'd say get some nerite snails, there are all kinds of colors and unique shell designs and they can't reproduce in freshwater so the amount you have is how many you'll ever get
Thanks that is very helpful

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads