Shrimp And Filter Intake...

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by Juli Harvey, Apr 13, 2017.

1. J

Juli Harvey New Member Member

Ok. I have this nifty little 5 gallon aquarium cycling (the Betta[​IMG] is no longer in there) and was thinking about some shrimp. However it had an integrated filter system with this kind of intake. How would I keep the shrimp from being sucked into the filter?

2. FishL:))

FishL:)) Well Known Member Member

What kind of filter do you have? I have HOB filters and mine never go near them. Also, I never have had any get sucked through the intake. It's probably possible though.

3. OP
    OP
    J

You can see in the bottom left the grate to the filter.

4. FishL:))

grey?

5. OP
    OP
    J

6. FishL:))

Well, I've never purchased that model, so I can't give you a guarantee. You should be okay. If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out. :) Good luck!!

7. Lynn78too

Lynn78too Well Known Member Member

We had that kind of filter intake and the shrimp used to sit on it to clean it off, even the littlest of fry didn't seem to have a problem with it. Our other HOB intake we put a mesh around it to make sure no one was sucked up, I found a couple swimming around in the filter once. I don't know the model you have but for us that type worked great for shrimp.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice