Shredding shell

Discussion in 'Cherry Shrimp' started by Joel2036, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Joel2036Valued MemberMember

After having a close look around my tank I found this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357080724.108806.jpg
    I read somewhere that they do this before they are about to breed is that true ?
    I kept looking and I found another 2 shells :)

2. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Not really true.... mine have been shedding as they grow or adjust to changes in water... they will breed but shedding skin really isn't part of it...

3. featherblueWell Known MemberMember

Moulting is a sign.of happy, growing shrimp. Watch the shoulders for a saddle of developing eggs. They'll carry them in the bottom feet for a few weeks before shrimplets hatch.

4. fishaddictionValued MemberMember

Remember to not remove them the shrimp will later eat it as a snack.

5. Joel2036Valued MemberMember

Thank you for your replies !! I currently have 2 berried Shrimp at the moment !! The eggs are looking huge and she is hiding alot of the time so I think it might be soon :)

6. featherblueWell Known MemberMember

When you see tiny black eyes in the eggs you're days away from shrimplets :)
    Still took a few days til I could find them loose in the tank

7. Joel2036Valued MemberMember

Thank you ! :) I just caught a video of a male riding on the female is this how he fertilizers the eggs ?

8. Joel2036Valued MemberMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice