Showing Restraint

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by BittenByTheBug, Apr 17, 2017.

1. BittenByTheBug

BittenByTheBug Valued Member Member

Went to a PetSmart yesterday and they had a pair of black crowntail male and female bettas with the slight blue iridescence that I personally LOVE.

But, my tanks are full and I don't actually have anywhere for another 10 gallon. I don't even have space in my sorority for the black female crowntail, even though she would look fantastic in there. (Also I don't really want to mess it up - my 8 girls are really behaving right now).

Oh but it was SOOOO tempting!

2. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

I feel. Went to my LFS on Saturday, saw a all white male halfmoon, with little flecks of orange and blue all over him. I almost got him to put him in my 20g community, but then I remembered I have a guppy still.

3. Aquaholic3

Aquaholic3 Valued Member Member

I know the feeling just one more can't hurt lol. Before you know it you have more tanks than you know what to do with. I have been after and all black betta for months now cant find one anywhere.

I have had good luck keeping bettas and guppies together. I usually put the guppies in first for a few days. I will then add the betta to the tank in a breeder net and after about a week let him out. I have had no issues at all doing this.

My first attempt i added him straight to the tank but that didnt work out to well. I had to move him to the breeder box as i had nowhere else to put him. A few days later i notice he stopped flaring and i let him out, he swam past the guppies like they didnt even exist and has lived with them ever since. I just have to make sure he gets enough food with the guppies around.

I don't know how well it would work for other people but it has for me.

4. APierce

APierce Well Known Member Member

I clicked on this because I've been having to wait to get a new tank, I've been waiting to get better lighting for my 20 gal reef tank, and waiting to put more corals in it once I get the light! I did have a relapse and bought some guppies to go in my brackish tank a little over a week ago now though.

Guppies and Bettas haven't worked for me in the past, so I've not tried it again, and though my youngest child has one....I don't have any....I'm trying so hard not to type "yet" :)

5. Neptune334

Neptune334 Valued Member Member

There is this one betta that has been at Petco for about 4 months now. He isn't exactly beautiful, but he is really cute in his own way. Must resist the temptation...

6. D

Discusluv Well Known Member Member

That's why I will not allow myself to even get near a LFS. If I need anything for supplies I send my husband. I have no restraint and my tanks are full!!

7. OP
    OP
    BittenByTheBug

BittenByTheBug Valued Member Member

If I worked at an office, I would have picked them up, gone in on the weekend and set up a brand new aquarium right then. I'd be down 120$ but man... so worth it.

8. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

I would try, but my mother still calls every day to ask how that guppy is. If something happens to him, I'm dead. And that's why you never let your mother pick your fish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice