Jalo reef

[​IMG]

Demasori, yellow lab, Jake peacock

[​IMG]

Jack Dempsey, convict

2. Nicoldeme

Nicoldeme Member Member

Oh my gosh, I hate you :mad:
    (I'm kidding :p) Those fish are beautiful! Wish mine would look like that... :I

3. Ihaveacactus

Ihaveacactus Member Member

Wow, your fish look amazing, especially in that last photo! Are they all in the same tank?

4. OP
    OP
    RandyS8229

RandyS8229 Member Member

Thanks guys! Yeah they are. I've got a 50/50 t8 bulb and a full spectrum t8.
    Yes they are in the same tank. There's actually like 25 fish in that tank. I've only had them mixed for like a month and half and they are all still juveis cent the yellow lab and my catfish. So far so good. Time will tell lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tank boss!

5. OP
    OP
    RandyS8229

RandyS8229 Member Member

Here's a complete list:
    2 yellow labs
    1 yellow johanni?
    2 e.b. johanni(m)
    1 cobalt blue zebra
    1 demasoni
    1 scofolifi
    2 bumble bee
    2 jake peacocks(2m)
    1 venustus
    1 Synodontis multipunctatus
    1 pictus catfish
    1 clown loach
    1 firemouth
    1 jack Dempsey
    1 convict
    1 common pleco
    1 afra jalo reef
    1 polit

6. JKCichlids

JKCichlids Member Member

Very nice tank

7. hampalong

hampalong Fishlore VIP Member

You realise the Pictus and Clown Loach need to be in groups? And the tank isn't nearly big enough for Clown Loach? And the mbunas should not get any high protein food or they're likely to get bloat? And the JD is no match for the aggression that will soon happen from the Malawis, and the Firemouth even less so.

Nice tank, but terrible combination. :)

8. OP
    OP
    RandyS8229

RandyS8229 Member Member

Im actually getting ready to get rid of the jd for the opposite reason. He's been bullying my favorite fish. It was an expirament. The pictus cat I did not know need to be in a group. I will get more! Lol. The clown loach I know needs friends and a bigger tank. My next tank will be a 6ft. Hopefully within the next year or 2. So I can move this tank to my bedroom haha. I know about Malawi bloat. I have food specifically for them and I know the jdot and convict need more protein so I give brineshrimp every few days and then fast the next day.

I've had mbuna for the past couple years so I'm familiar with their aggressiveness. The bumblebees are also problem going to go soon out of fear. They are supposed to be very aggressive. I'm going about this knowing there will be flaws and have to move fish but if I can keep them all happy it will be ok

9. OP
    OP
    RandyS8229

RandyS8229 Member Member

OK so the jalo reef is finally standing up to the jd. Things might be OK for now. The halo reef is coming out more but only coloring up when the jd is on the other side. I think I'm gonna try to put the rock pile in the middle of the tank so the jd won't see the jalo reef so much.

Here's a couple better pics of the jalo reef. He's my favorite right now if you can't tell lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. JKCichlids

JKCichlids Member Member

Beautiful african cichlids