Showed Up Again

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by Hunter1, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Hunter1

Hunter1Well Known MemberMember

i added a bristle nose (golden) pleco to my community tank 3.5-4 months ago. I never saw him again after the second day.

This morning while drinking coffee and looking at my tanks, finnex 24/7 on dawn mode, I saw something that looked abnormal. Initially I thought it may be a pepper Cory but the tail wasn’t up, the fish was flat on the substrate. I got closer and saw the golden bn pleco, about 3” long.

I had looked for his corpse months ago and never found it.

I have 2 double sponge filters hanging on the back of the tank. I think he/she hangs out there during lights on.

2. Bry

BryWell Known MemberMember

My clown pleco hides behind the water intake of my filter or under the outflow of it. Of *ALL* places in my 55 gallon, that's where he hides.

3. OP
    OP
    Hunter1

Hunter1Well Known MemberMember

It feels good when you haven’t lost a fish in 4 months and you find out the last fish you thought you lost has been alive for 4 months.

4. Ulu

UluWell Known MemberMember

Yes, all of a sudden of the agony of defeat turns to Triumph!

I started a betta sorority and the tiniest of the girl fish had gone missing. One of the other girls had been chewed up previously, so I figured she was a goner. She was such a tiny thing I did not expect to find a recognizable corpse.

Lo and behold, I found out today she had been living behind the HOB filter. She showed up for dinner with the other fish tonite, and she has gained weight as well.

I had given up hope but now I think she's going to be just fine.

5. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

Great to hear :)

I started pulling the 150 apart looking for Beast (8 year old ABN) because I had not seen him in days (he never missed a feeding of algae wafers) only to find hime alive and well under some driftwood.

6. Ulu

UluWell Known MemberMember

It's amazing the tiny spaces fish will squeeze into. I will move a rock or a plant and suddenly a missing fish is discovered.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice