Showed Up Again

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by Hunter1, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Hunter1Well Known MemberMember

i added a bristle nose (golden) pleco to my community tank 3.5-4 months ago. I never saw him again after the second day.

This morning while drinking coffee and looking at my tanks, finnex 24/7 on dawn mode, I saw something that looked abnormal. Initially I thought it may be a pepper Cory but the tail wasn’t up, the fish was flat on the substrate. I got closer and saw the golden bn pleco, about 3” long.

I had looked for his corpse months ago and never found it.

I have 2 double sponge filters hanging on the back of the tank. I think he/she hangs out there during lights on.

2. BryWell Known MemberMember

My clown pleco hides behind the water intake of my filter or under the outflow of it. Of *ALL* places in my 55 gallon, that's where he hides.

3. Hunter1Well Known MemberMember

It feels good when you haven’t lost a fish in 4 months and you find out the last fish you thought you lost has been alive for 4 months.

4. UluWell Known MemberMember

Yes, all of a sudden of the agony of defeat turns to Triumph!

I started a betta sorority and the tiniest of the girl fish had gone missing. One of the other girls had been chewed up previously, so I figured she was a goner. She was such a tiny thing I did not expect to find a recognizable corpse.

Lo and behold, I found out today she had been living behind the HOB filter. She showed up for dinner with the other fish tonite, and she has gained weight as well.

I had given up hope but now I think she's going to be just fine.

5. Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

Great to hear :)

I started pulling the 150 apart looking for Beast (8 year old ABN) because I had not seen him in days (he never missed a feeding of algae wafers) only to find hime alive and well under some driftwood.

6. UluWell Known MemberMember

It's amazing the tiny spaces fish will squeeze into. I will move a rock or a plant and suddenly a missing fish is discovered.